Pattern Editor (Feature Request)
View previous topic :: View next topic
carosone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: Pattern Editor (Feature Request) Reply with quote

It puzzles me since a while, but when I purchased the upgrade to RG6, and Musiclab proposed me some questions, i forgot to write this explicitly.

Patterns in song mode exist since RG1 I believe. Many of us who wants to make modifications, in the most recent RG versions drag the patterns into the DAW, edit and then reload inside RG.

A pattern editor inside RG would be a great time saver, we could make a new pattern and then drag straight into the songtrack, or take a pattern from the song track and drag it to the editor for modification and then reimport it in the songtrack or save it to the user library. The song mode would be used much more, because we could insert little variation in a pattern to create variety, or insert a strumming in the end (say 1/2 beat) of a loop to get transitions to a new section in the song.

Moreover, the multi mode was introduced later than the patterns in song mode and it seems to use a different "grammar" (I mean the strumming keys are in a different area of the keyboard if a strumming pattern is saved in multi mode or in song mode). it would be beautiful to be able to augment the library with "loops" produced in multi mode, with strum and melodies, voice-leading, palm mute and so on.

Finally MusicLab might propose, on purchase, new themed patterns (e.g. brazil, caribbean, flamenco, Police, Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Ed Sheeran) I mean not only one example on youtube, but a complete collection; or promote free pattern user's exchange, fro instance in this forum.

I write so because I see similarities between RG and EZdrummer, they both propose sampled instruments with midi patterns. I own both and follow them since years. In 2022 EZDrummer introduced v3 with a grid editor, I had never used the song track before but, when the grid editor inside EZDrummer came, the song track became my standard way of operation.
I also own AAS StrumGS, physical model of guitar, less realistic, fake on acoustics, but for electric guitars I use it for doubling, because the amplifier and effects can do much more to the sound. AAS proposes new loops every 3-4 months, with libraries done by third-parties and external developers, and I discovered how to transform these midi loops into RG song format so that I use them also in RG.
This is where my ideas come from.

Konstantin_MusicLab
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Francesco,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will discuss it with team. i hope you enjoy working with Real instruments.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1