Midi patterns?
View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Midi patterns? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just bought RG and I think it's amazing!

But I can't get the Midi files to play proberly. If I choose "Import" in Logic Pro 7 nothing happens, but I can open them as a new song. But that means that I have to have 2 songs open and move the midi parts from the new song to the old song. Very difficult.

The next part I find tricky as well. When I got the midi parts in place do I have to assign them all to the same RG plug-in? And then make another track with the chord I want to play assigned to the same RG plug-in?

Thanks

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Logic allows to import MIDI file with patterns to your song as well as simply drag'n'drop MIDI file directly to the song. You get a number of tracks with individual rhythm pattern per track.

2. You don't need to assign all the tracks with patterns to RG. You have to create two empty tracks: one for patterns (RG Pattern track) and another for chords (RG Chords track) and assign both to the same RealGuitar instance.

Then simply copy/drag any of the imported patterns to RG Pattern track and multiply it to the needed number of measures. After that select RG Chords track, start Logic, and play chords from MIDI keyboard to RealGuitar. You will hear rhythm pattern performing your chords.

The same way you can audition other rhythm patterns - remove pattern from Pattern track and drag another one to it

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sergey

Jules2000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I can't drag the MIDI files into Logic. When I do that nothing happens. There is no regions in the arrange window. I can't import the MIDI files in a current song either.

My only option is to open the MIDI files as a new song, but that's not an easy way to work.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jules2000,

We've just tested handling MIDI files in Logic Pro7 and Logic Express pro7.

Everything works as it has to be: drag'n'drop/import MIDI file to current song, as well as drag'n'drop MIDI tracks (patterns) between two songs

Regards,
Sergey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot.

I'll guess that means that there's something wrong with my Logic Pro(7.01).

I'll try to get it fixed somehow.

Thanks again.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1