Strange behavior of RealLPC in REAPER
View previous topic :: View next topic
Zacki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Strange behavior of RealLPC in REAPER Reply with quote

Currently I'm demoing RealLPC in REAPER and I'm very satisfied so far! Smile But when the Plugin is opened, REAPER's Undo list fills with "Edit FX parameter" everytime I'm sending CC #78. When I click Undo, RealLPC loads its samples new, taking a few seconds. Crying or Very sad Editing MIDI with RealLPCs opened GUI is essential for me, because seeing what's going on on the fretboard is very useful! I already asked in the REAPER forum, but no answer. Is there a setting in RealLPC to prevent this behavior? One of the REAPER Devs answerd this some years ago Confused

https://stash.reaper.fm/43083/FX_UNDO.gif

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacki,

Interesting issue never heard before, I just managed to recreate it in Reaper.

Note, that doesn't depend on sending CC, or MIDI note, or anything to RealLPC (or any other our instrument). Just start Reaper playback to get 'Undo Edit FX Parameter...' under Edit menu following by reloading RealLPC sound bank as well as reloading the default settings.

Will pass your report to our programmers.

Regards,
Sergey

Zacki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sergey,

thanks for the info. I must admit that I'm confused at all how DAWs and Plugins handle changes on Plugin-settings and Undo-History. In case of RealLPC and REAPER I'm thinking of the following situation: Say I'm changing one single MIDI note and then play the whole song. In the song I've automated say the fret position (with CC #78 ), changing it several times. That leads to several equivalent entries in the undo-history. When I want to undo my note change from the beginning, I have to undo a lot of steps until I reach my note change?

I'm owning NI Komplete 12 and will have a look how it's done there. Never took notice how NI does it.

Regards
Zacki

Zacki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, in REAPER there's a setting that prevents filling the UNDO history with a opened GUI Smile https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2513961&postcount=48
And while I'm writing: I'm soo happy with your Plugins! Smile So much fun working with them and listening to the results. The only thing I regret is that I didn't buy earlier!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealLPC All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1