Tighter/more aggressive palm muting?
View previous topic :: View next topic
chimp_spanner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: Tighter/more aggressive palm muting? Reply with quote

Hey! Recently purchased a bundle of your instruments (LPC, Strat and Real Eight) and I absolutely love them. Even as a guitarist having great tools to prototype and demo ideas is super useful to me. Beats the pants off Shreddage and the like Smile

One thing I am struggling with a little though is really aggressive/biting palm mutes. They seem to be a little on the soft/wooly side. Is there a way to tighten them up or change their release time or anything like that?

Not absolutely vital if not - I intend to retrack with guitar at some point anyway but just wondering.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work!

chimp_spanner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay nvm I think a lot of it is in the pre-tone shaping (so get rid of almost all of the low end before it hits the amp).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ddgnS41axD9PGjzuEkAN2J0TbLHYsyrC/view?usp=sharing

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chimp_spanner

Thanks for kind words about pour products.

As to Palm (Bridge) Mute sound.
You can make it tighter by moving its slider time control to the left. This parameter is velocity sensitive (Off, 1, 2, 3 selections in the numeric box).

You can reduce the Release Time in Timing panel (right menu bar). Though that will affect all sounds.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sergey

chimp_spanner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
chimp_spanner

Thanks for kind words about pour products.

As to Palm (Bridge) Mute sound.
You can make it tighter by moving its slider time control to the left. This parameter is velocity sensitive (Off, 1, 2, 3 selections in the numeric box).

You can reduce the Release Time in Timing panel (right menu bar). Though that will affect all sounds.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sergey

Hey Sergey, thanks for the reply! Yeah honestly it's the most fun I've had with this kind of sampled instrument. None of the frustration I've typically found with other products. I'll be telling people about it for sure Smile I'll try that slider control out, I wasn't sure what it did! Appreciate the help.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealEight All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1