How to program up and down strokes in Solo Mode
View previous topic :: View next topic
jonel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: How to program up and down strokes in Solo Mode Reply with quote

I want to be able to program the up and down strokes used in eight and sixteenth notation on the melody track. Could anybody explain how I might be to do this please?

Thanks

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonel,

Possible only with Repeat zone keys. So you can trigger down stroke note(s) in Main zone and repeat it with up stroke key in Repeat zone.

Regards,
Sergey

wakestyle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if this were an option as keyswitch?

jonel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Sergey, that is very helpful. However, I feel quite disappointed in some of the clunky approach to working at a basic level, especially with getting to version 5 of this device.

There is absolutely no doubt about just how sophisticated RealStrat actually is. The features for articulation are staggering. So I really expected that it would be a really simple approach to working in Solo Mode (hence my question on the up and down strokes).

Since we are talking electric guitar here then the bread and butter chords are power chords! I can only seem to enter these as C5, G5 etc when selecting chords in Song Mode. If I enter C5 directly on the track then any chord detection outside Song Mode will see this as C, G etc.because the chord map does not support 5 chords.

Based on your helpful reply I attempted entering a mixture of power chords and single notes. I was able to enter C5 as C and G as well as G5 with G and D at the appropriate octave to give me the power chords. I followed this with the single notes of F followed by G.
Now I was able to invoke the stroke map to give me the strums of various types and when I reached the single notes I still used the up down strum to change the stroke of the notes (should I have changed this to up down using the repeat keys?).
To cap it all I had to ensure that the notes were slightly ahead of the measure because it interfered with chord detection.

I may have gone completely off track here so I would be really grateful for your advice.

Thanks

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonel,

Not clear what are you doing. You are in Solo mode and want to play new powerchord/note in a lick with upstroke? Unfortunately that's not possible in Solo mode.
Please clarify.

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1