Audio Drop Outs / Real Time Peaks
View previous topic :: View next topic
WEMtify

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Audio Drop Outs / Real Time Peaks Reply with quote

Hallo Community,

Since one of the last updates I have some issues using RealGuitar (but also RealLPC and RealStrat - RealEight and RealRick seems to work fine).
From time to time I get a Real Time Peak and Audio Drop Out. I seems to connected to when plugin GUI is open - when the GUI is closed it seems to me that the plugin works fine (Did have a issue once with close GUI but not sure)..

I use Cubase 10..5 on Windows10 x64 and all MusicLab Plugins in the current version. I normally use 96kHz sampling rate. Did do a test with 44.1kHz and had the issue too,
Did do a couple of test but can‘t figure out what happen here. Other plugins like Steinberg HALion, 6, IK Multimedia B3x or MODO Bass are working fine.

Somebody out there with the same issues?

Here is a video showing the behavior - the issue is visible at second 28 to 30:

Best regards
Werner

Last edited by WEMtify on Fri May 08, 2020 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

WEMtify

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the referred link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y0_LDZbd1_E2RWdtDfI31SyTrmtwAmsa/view?usp=sharing

WEMtify

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the while I've done some investigations:

* The issue is only with MusicLab Plugins RealGuitar, RealLPC and Real Strat. All other plugins does work fine
* The issue is only apearing when GUI is open
* No dependency with graphic card: Did unmount my RX580 and I've used the on board graphics. The issue is still there
* No dependency with sample rates
* Setting ASIO buffer to higher value doesn't solve the issue. Also ASIO guard and Steinberg Power Settings doesn't help here.

Any ideas?

I think more and more that it's an bug in the MusicLab software. Sad about it, because the RealGuitar and RealLPC are the most used and favorite plugins Sad
Unfortunately I've deleted the installer of the previous versions so I can't do tests with old version...

best reagrds
Werner

WEMtify

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summarize of my investigations the last days:

* Realtime peaks when using RealGuitar, RealStrat and RealLPC in Cubase 10.5.12 & Cubase 10 x64. Tested version ending with 7465 & 7471. Also RealGuitar version ending with 7460 has the issue.
* MusicLab RealEight and RealRick do not show this issue.
* All other plugins on my system are working fine (IK Multimedias B3x, ModoBass, Steinbergs HALion, ...)
* It's a matter of time till it happen / no special trigger found
* It's when plugin GUI is open - not when closed (at least I was not able to reproduce it)
* It's there when the plugin is played "live" via a midi keyboard, Tried different midi keyboards without any difference, I didn't see the error on playback from a midi track in Cubase
* Using Midi interface via RTP Midi or USB midi is not relevant
* Aftertouch on/off is not relevant
* No dependency with the used graphic card: tested with internal Intel graphic and AMD Radeon RX580
* ASIO buffer size is not relevant
* No pattern of task changes visible in Process Exporer / Task Manager
* HiPDI on/off is not relevant
* Sample rates 44,1 / 96kHz is not relevant

Here is a video with very a good hearable pop:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18jJoURpCqYQEr7yuMi2eGpT0dzVfOVfm/view?usp=sharing

My System:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K
Board: Asus Prime Z390A
RAM: 32GB DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix Sport)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon Nirto+ RX580 8GB
OS: Win10 Pro / all updates installed incl. all driver updates
DAW: Cubase 10.5.12 x64 and Cubase 10.0.50 / VST3 Plugins

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1