Midi export from DAW
View previous topic :: View next topic
magnus.x.svanfeldt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Midi export from DAW Reply with quote

I usually use Realguitar as a vst in Cubase 9.5. Works great! My collab partners admire my guitar skills. Smile (Eventually I tell them it's midi) When I export the midi from the DAW only the control notes appear. Not the actual notes. I know it's possible to export it from Realguitar stand-alone but them I have to input the entire song ones again in Realguitar. Is it possible to export the correct midi from the DAW? Or to import the control note midi into Realguitar stand-alone?

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnus.x.svanfeldt,

What is your RealGuitar version?
Please clarify what MIDI are you trying to export from RealGuitar?

Is it Song mode MIDI events?

Regards,
Sergey

magnus.x.svanfeldt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RG4. Cubase 9.5, Windows 10.

I guess it's song mode. In RG stand-alone I can input a chord pregression and chose a pattern, Then there's export or save as midi. That midifile is with the actual notes and can be read and played by any software. When I export the midi from Cubease it's the control notes (very low octaves) thats beeing exported. I create the midi track by dragging the RG pattern to the track or by chosing pattern in RG vst settings. The RG track "listens" to my chord track in Cubase.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magnus.x.svanfeld,

In Cubase do the same export MIDI from RealGuitar using down arrow button in Song mode (Export song as MIDI file). That MIDI file can be used with any third party synth/sampler.

Dragging pattern from RealGuitar to Cubase will give you only Stroke Map notes (control notes as you call them) in the lowest octave, so they can be used only with RealGuitar together with chords sent to the same RealGuitar instance.

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1