Working with multiple takes.
View previous topic :: View next topic
jonel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject: Working with multiple takes. Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have been experimenting with converting audio to midi. Basically I have been using the audio to develop my song structure and I did this using the following process:

1. Use arrangement view
2. Create an audio track for my first verse
3. Create a backing track for an appropriate rhythm.
4. Set a loop length for the verse.
5. Start recording and when repeat the audio for each pass of the loop.
6. Stop recording

I understand that the audio I have recorded now includes all the loop passes. Because the final audio had actually started at the beginning of a verse then I Ctl-Z it to remove that last partial take.

Now I am left with a set of complete passes (with the last one selected.

I understand that I can open the clip in clip view and select specific passes. Videos that I have watched of this process appear to make it look easy to move the selected pass by dragging the loop control. I have to move the loop and then go back and bring the clip start and end points to where the new loop is located. I think this is normal but the video I watched appeared to make this all happen in one move..

7. Convert to midi
8. Edit the midi

I understand that even this new midi still contains the midi for all the passes that existed in the audio and that I could even go back and select a different midi pass to edit.

The process has worked very well and I'm really pleased with the results but I just feel that I might have made the process too complicated. Can anyone suggest a better way or a good video please.

Thanks

Jonel

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1