Confusion over the strings 1 2 and 3 in Bass Mode
View previous topic :: View next topic
jonel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Confusion over the strings 1 2 and 3 in Bass Mode Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have selected the Multi Performance Mode on Classic RealGuitar. I have selected Bass. In this mode I expect that RealGuitar will build the guitar version of the detected Midi chord and then play the Bass note.
I definitely dose all this, but when I play the repeat keys to give a downstrum on subsequent beats, I can see the strings on the fret playing the lower level notes. I was expecting to see strings 1, 2 and 3 in play at the least. In fact string 1 never gets played. However, string 6 gets played which I feel is rather odd.
Perhaps I have got something incorrect in the setup.
Any help please?

jonel

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonel,

Works fine here.

Select Bass'n'Chord preset in the lower part of Multi mode window
Now in Main zone you get Bass1 (Root) of the played chord, while keys of Right Repeat zone (E 5 and higher) and/or Left Repeat zone (D 1 and lower) will produce chord strum on 4 upper strings (so called Top Strum).
Note that 1 string in a chord strum will play on chord change and after that on high velocity values of pressed strum keys.

Not clear what you mean by "However, string 6 gets played which I feel is rather odd."

Regards,
Sergey

jonel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is probably my problem with regard to this issue, but what I mean is this.

When I use the Bass and Chord mode would normally be thumbing the bass note of the chord on and then strum on the higher higher strings.
The G chord, for example, would have it's bass note G thumbed on the low 6 string. This could then be followed by strumming on strings 1,2 and 3 say.

So in RealGuitar, when I select this mode, when I play the G chord then it intrprets the chord correctly and displays this on the fret board. I note that the bass note has been played, so all good for me so far.
When I now play a repeat key to allow a downstrum to be made I see the G, B and D are played but on strings 5, 4 and 3! I would have expected the strings 1, 2, 3 and perhaps 4. But, like I said, I may be misunderstanding something.

Thanks
[[/img]

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonel,

1. What is your RealGuitar exact version (click MusicLab log->About)
2. What is your OS and the DAW?
3. Try to press Reset button in SetUp panel (left menu bar on the upper part of RealGuitar window)

Regards,
Sergey

jonel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sergey,
Thank you for your patience. After my last reply I looked at the mode selection again and I was using 'Chord' rather than 'Bass and Chord'. So, as I suspected, this is my problem and it's fixed now. Works really well.

Thanks

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1