RealGuitar Athentic Sounds
View previous topic :: View next topic
jonel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: RealGuitar Athentic Sounds Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have been using RealGuitar for some time now. I began with RG2 and followed it's progress through to the current version. My attempts to make the guitar sound authentic have always involved the use of external effects, particularly Guitar Rig from Native Instruments..

Now, it may be that I am not using it correctly or perhaps it really does really on external effects to make it sound like a real guitar. I've not found any demos of anybody using it as a VST, only those with someone using it in real time (my keyboard skills are not that good unfortunately).

This is not a post to bash RealGuitar (the fault is probably mine). No, what has prompted this post is a trial of another virtual guitar AGM Lite from AmpleSound. I tried the free version and I was blown away by it's authenticity with a wide range of strumming patterns, finger picking patterns and the related controls as well as extending these patterns.

The ease with which you can create strum and finger picking patterns is also great. Admittedly the instrument does have a decent effects section.
So, has anybody else had this experience? If not then could anybody point me to a good demo/tutorial because I am seriously thinking of jumping ship.

Thanks

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonel,

If you have RealGuitar 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0SdXmxgPw

There under the video you can d/l source files zip including MIDI file, RealGuitar SteelString Settings file, and Guitar Rig 5 preset for that song.

Regards,
Sergey

jonel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful information

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1