A Virtual Pedal Steel Guitar Please
View previous topic :: View next topic

Should Music Lab Build A Virtual Pedal Steel ?
Yes Absolutely
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Very Old Geezer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: A Virtual Pedal Steel Guitar Please Reply with quote

Why Not A Pedal Steel ?

Many composers are Keyboard Players and might not have the guitar skills required to include real guitar tracks or even the time.

This is the beauty and ease of Music Labs virtual Guitar instruments.

I have twice been commissioned to compose projects that has a rural American theme. These required Country Music type cues.

In that scenario, I'd have to book a session musician skilled in both country Guitar, and most importantly the Pedal Steel Guitar.

In that instance, I could get away with playing in the guitar parts myself with one of the MusiLab guitars, but NOT the Pedal Steel.

The only Virtual Pedal Steel Guitar ever to come to market was the instrument developed by WaveLore.
Their website is still operational but hasn't been upgraded since 2009, and they never respond to customer support requests. Shame.
So its safe to say, there are no Pedal Steel Virtuals available now.

With the undeniable Skill of the MusicLab developers, bringing the rather complex Pedal Steel into the virtual world again would delight a great many practitioners of the keyboard from USA to Europe, Canada to Australasia !

So there we have it: A request for the beautifully expressive pedal Steel Guitar - an instrument not limited to just Country Music, but any style, from Folk to Acoustic Pop, to Roots and Blues. Ever heard a Pedal Steel in a Classical track ? Why Not !

All those in favor of an Virtual Pedal Steel Guitar post your reply to this thread.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1