Add Bends, Slides etc into Patterns
View previous topic :: View next topic
mluser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Add Bends, Slides etc into Patterns Reply with quote

Can I add Bends, Slides etc into Patterns or have I got to send the midi to Kontakt and copy the switch notes from the pattern to the the Kontakt track.
Is there a little tool to quickly convert a midi rhythm to a ML pattern.
I searched around but could not find any other patterns than those it comes with, I thought there would be a lot of user created patterns available.
If anyone could point me to some if would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mluser,

There is no way to add articulations to patterns. You can use MIDI Out option to record the outcoming notes to MIDI track for further editing

Unfortunately there is no special tool to convert MIDI rhythm to ML pattern. All patterns in Pattern Library were created manually with a pencil tool in the Piano Roll view.

We were asked about creating User Pattern exchange place but got no patterns for that yet.

Regards,
Sergey

mluser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Unfortunately there is no special tool to convert MIDI rhythm to ML pattern. All patterns in Pattern Library were created manually with a pencil tool in the Piano Roll view.

Might be something worth making now all the products have been released and you guys might be looking for something to do.
I think you would then see a lot more patterns available for users don't you think ?

Thanks.

mluser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
There is no way to add articulations to patterns. ...

I found I could by adding another instance of RealRick to another track and send the midi from the other Rick that reads the chord track and pattern track to it, I just copy the particular notes from the pattern track to the other track Key Switch notes with Rick running in Midi Solo Mode.

Just new to it so still got a lot of working out to do, but it's going great !
I got to work out some way of getting it to play solos over the Chord Track.

Thanks.

mluser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could move the articulations from the lowest octave to the highest ones then you should be able to add them to the Midi Patterns , then it should send them from one Rick in Pattern Chord Mode to the other in Midi Solo Mode playing all the bends n slides etc...in the Patterns ??
You would use them more than the switches that are in the high octaves now. Maybe you could have a drop box on each switch note like most VI's do.
But hey only new to it so maybe I have missed something ? ? ?

Thanks.

mluser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I found I could set the higher to slides etc. So I set G6 to slide but it just triggers a chord instead of a single note as I add the G6 midi switch.
Back to the drawing board. May just have to use the 2 track pattern system.

Thanks.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealRick All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1