Why can't I choose install folders anymore?
View previous topic :: View next topic
UltimateOutsider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Why can't I choose install folders anymore? Reply with quote

I recently built a new DAW PC, so I've been re-installing my instruments as I go along, and I just realized something tonight: The installers for RealLPC, RealStrat, and RealGuitar let me choose application and plugin folders for 32-bit and 64-bit, as well as bank location.

The RealRick installer ONLY gave me the option to pick a bank location, and the RealEight installer didn't let me choose ANY location at all.

Why can't I pick where things should be installed anymore? My system drive is only 400GB. I have a separate 500GB drive (G:\) where I install all my apps and plugins, and a 1TB drive (F:\) where I install all samples (and MusicLab sound banks).

Is it possible for me to re-locate RealRick and RealEight to my applications drive, where they belong?

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email us to supportbox@musiclab.com

Regards,
Sergey

jsvalmont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow MusicLab's forum support is terrible; always just directing to an email. You guys do realize that people would like to be able to solve problems faster via public forum posts and help? Otherwise what's even the point of this forum?

The answer to this question is that you can let it install by default, then go to the default location where the sound bank was installed to and then just manually move it to where you want it. Next time you open the Real____ app it will ask you to locate the sound bank and from there you can point it to the location where you moved it.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealEight All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1