Releases and legato slides issue
View previous topic :: View next topic
Vern C

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Releases and legato slides issue Reply with quote

I've encountered a strange issue in Cubase 8. For some reason, the release notes are playing when there no break in the midi notes. However, before that, I had an issue with my legato slide keyswitch not working. So I restarted Cubase, reopened the project and now something is triggering the release notes. Here is an audio sample of what's happening.

https://copy.com/mmuyAf8zQ7p9eQtI

It's definitely the release notes because if I disable them in the R8 mixer, the problem goes away.

edit: I switched between two RealEight settings files while the midi was playing back and the release problem went away. But now legato slides don't work again.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Releases and legato slides issue Reply with quote

Vern C wrote:
I've encountered a strange issue in Cubase 8. For some reason, the release notes are playing when there no break in the midi notes. However, before that, I had an issue with my legato slide keyswitch not working. So I restarted Cubase, reopened the project and now something is triggering the release notes. Here is an audio sample of what's happening.

https://copy.com/mmuyAf8zQ7p9eQtI

It's definitely the release notes because if I disable them in the R8 mixer, the problem goes away.

edit: I switched between two RealEight settings files while the midi was playing back and the release problem went away. But now legato slides don't work again.

Please send the Cubase project with only RealEight problem track to supportbox@musiclab.com to have a close look.

Regards,
Sergey

Vern C

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent, along with an interesting note about the download version of RealEight. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I just thought I'd point it out to you as that kind of thing is easy to miss.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vern C,

1. Go to Cubase Preferences->MIDI and set ‘0 Ticks’ in Length Adjustment box. When set to ‘-2’ by default Cubase shortens all MIDI notes by 2 ticks which causes space between quantized notes and RealEight triggers Release noises

2. MIDI note may hang up in RealEight MIDI engine if the host somehow does not send Note-Off, which may cause Hammer-ons and automatic Slides not playing. To reset the engine without changing any RealEight settings you may go to SetUp panel and select Guitar and back to Keyboard in Input device combo box

Regards,
Sergey

Vern C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting the legnth adjustment corrected the problem. Thank you.

NOTE: If you hadn't read your e-mail yet, I initially sent you one this morning saying that didn't work. It turns out I was misreading what I was doing (I had only been awake for 10 minutes or so lololol) and set "Legato Overlap". That was wrong, of course. I set Length Adjustment once I realized what I did and now all is working well. Thank you!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vern C wrote:
Setting the legnth adjustment corrected the problem. Thank you.

NOTE: If you hadn't read your e-mail yet, I initially sent you one this morning saying that didn't work. It turns out I was misreading what I was doing (I had only been awake for 10 minutes or so lololol) and set "Legato Overlap". That was wrong, of course. I set Length Adjustment once I realized what I did and now all is working well. Thank you!

Cubase is a very pro soft, but has a lot of hidden features, though:-)

Regards,
Sergey

Vern C

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent you another e-mail. The solution seemed plausible, but for a very good reason I don't think that was the right one. The problem seems to really happen when I go from Sustain to Bridge Mute

Example: BM > BM > BM > Sus > BM > BM > BM > Sus

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vern C wrote:
I just sent you another e-mail. The solution seemed plausible, but for a very good reason I don't think that was the right one. The problem seems to really happen when I go from Sustain to Bridge Mute

Example: BM > BM > BM > Sus > BM > BM > BM > Sus

Try to lengthen sustain notes to overlap BM notes by some ticks

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealEight All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1