x5 chords (power chords) and x8 chords (octaves)
View previous topic :: View next topic
allo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: x5 chords (power chords) and x8 chords (octaves) Reply with quote

I'm a full time musician, and I play both the guitar and the keys. This program is quite useful, but I still find it difficult to replicate some things I do on the guitar. Perhaps it would be a good idea to incorporate these ideas into the next version of RealGuitar?

1) Palm muted chords
Many sonds I know of have palm muted songs (like Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours"). If we could take advantage of either the AfterTouch or throuhg a CC MIDI controller to add a palm mute FX to chords, this would be fantastic.

2) New chords
When I play a lot of funk and rock music, I am often using a combination of full chords as well as "power chords" and "octaves". It is frustrating to have to keep switching between Harmony mode and Chord mode to use "power chords" and "octaves". Perhaps you could add another two chords (I'll just write them in C):

C5 - just pressing 1 and 5 (i.e. C and G) to form a "power chord"
C8 - just pressing 1 and 8 (i.e. C and the upper octave C) to form an "octave".

This would be immensely useful for rock and funk music - I would love to use these functions live in performance.

ssebech

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, another vote for both palm muted chords and fifths and octaves or, generally, custom chords that would play exactly what is pressed.

allo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Actually, the ability to play custom chords on the fly would be fantastic. Perhaps a key held somewhere in the repeat zone (right side) to indicate "custom" mode, so it overrides the chord detection played in the main zone?

I know solo mode played with the repeat keys can do exactly what is described above, but would be good for live performances to not have to switch between the modes just for an odd chord here and there.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1