Sync and Delay Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic
Konrad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Sync and Delay Problems Reply with quote

Problem:

RealGuitar lags in Sonar 2.2 and will not keep up with MIDI tracks. The delay is severe (at least an eighth note behind at moderate tempo).

When triggering notes or chords from a keyboard without a sequence running, there is a lag of almost a half second.

This makes RealGuitar (which sounds great) unusable.

I am running on XP on a 2 GHZ Celeron PC with 128DDR.

Sonar version is 2.2. I don't know the version of RealGuitar--I can't figure out how to display that information. (How do I know if I have 1.5?).

Please help with this delay problem.

Thanks,

Bill Hartmann (Konrad)

Konstantin_MusicLab
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sync and Delay Problems Reply with quote

Konrad wrote:
Problem:

RealGuitar lags in Sonar 2.2 and will not keep up with MIDI tracks. The delay is severe (at least an eighth note behind at moderate tempo).
I am running on XP on a 2 GHZ Celeron PC with 128DDR.

Delay is caused by small amount of RAM you have. RealGuitar requires at least 512MB. Recommended is 1GB.

Quote:
Sonar version is 2.2. I don't know the version of RealGuitar--I can't figure out how to display that information. (How do I know if I have 1.5?).

To determine RealGuitar version, open it and click on the "MusicLab" image.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konstantin, Thank you for your response. I recommend that you make the RAM requirement more obvious to people purchasing the product so they will not experience the frsutration I did. Nonetheless, I will upgrade my RAM and appreciate your support. Regards, --Konrad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded from 364MB of memory to 1GB. This did not solve the problem.

Landphil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried adjusting the buffer size (latency) on your audio card?

Phil

Konrad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Problem Resolved Reply with quote

The problems were resolved by (a) adding PC memory and (b) changing sound cards. (I bought an E-MU card.) The support staff at Musiclab was great and very responsive. Thanks for the help.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1