Why am I maxxing out on CPU.
View previous topic :: View next topic
rguagenti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Why am I maxxing out on CPU. Reply with quote

All of a sudden I am maxxing out on my CPU.

I'm running Windows 2000 with 512 of memory. My recording program is HomeStudio 2004XL.

I launch my RG1.5 with RnC and all of a sudden my CPU time maxxes out on me. I was fine up until about a week or so ago.

So I switch to RG1.5 the "old" way without RnC and Chord recognition is all screwy, which I am understanding is another problem. I had this problem before and I reloaded RG1.5 and it was okay for a while. Is this a bug or something and is there a patch to fix it.

I was able to lay the track down with no problem and now I can't play it back without it killing my memory and stopping.

I even deleted all of the other tracks and tried to play this back alone but still NG.

Call me "Frustrated in NJ".

THanks for any help.

kevvvvv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this type of thing happen to me last month.

To remedy it I deleted unwanted programmes and files, ensured rhere was at least 15% disk space free, then defragged my disk, then increased my latency a touch.

After this thorough cleanup things worked fine. All that was needed was some basic housekeeping.

I'm not saying your system needs a big tidy-up but it is often the cause of cpu problems.

And even if it's not it's still good to do.

btw 512 ram isn't a lot. You may consider installing some more if you want to run a few instances ram heavy sample programmes.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks kevvvvv

This weekend I decided to upgrade my motherboard to give me up to 3Meg of ram.

I realized that, as I continue to record, I am starting to use more effects and plug ins, etc and that was slowly eating up my memory.

Thanks for your comments.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still though!! What gives with the chord recognition problems in RG1.5.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1