Instruction Issues for Sergey
View previous topic :: View next topic
Tele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Instruction Issues for Sergey Reply with quote

Dear Sergey

Everything seems so abbreviated on the forum almost as though we're afraid someone will think we're an idiot for asking and that the problem isn't really that big a deal anyway when you read it back to yourself. It's kind of like going to the Doctor with a serious infection in your lungs and the Doctor enters your cubical and say's "How are you today?" and in a cheerful voice you reply, "Fine thank you!"

Over the past few years I have watched the tutorial videos that Musiclab has created and have gotten absolutely nothing of value from them. All I say is "Wow I didn't know it could sound that good" because I can't get it to do what the guy with the headphones can do! Not that I can't play as good as he can but because Musiclab doesn't know how to communicate what has just happened in the spoken word. Grade One you know! Not brail! Start with step one and explain everything, and I mean everything that I need to do to make this work, in English! That’s the only approach that works! You guys assume we know what it’s gonna’ take to make it work. You have named your Tutorials incorrectly! They should be called sales demonstrations because they do nothing to teach a person how to use it! I wish someone would take this serious instead of hiring some guy who can play like demon and is only there to impress us but not really help us. I’m repeating this on purpose because this is exactly what your company is doing! Wasting our time, as I am wasting yours. There’s an old saying that claims knowledge is like a pile of (shit) manure. If it sits around in one place it stinks unbearably (and no one can stand it) but if you take the time to spread it around, it will benefit everything and make things grow!

My apologies to you Sergey as this is not directed at you and I feel you do a superb job in the forum. Musiclab has it’s hand full not only with teaching it’s approach to recording the acoustic guitar to those that cannot play the guitar, but also to those who want to use the software to record the acoustic without touching the instrument. There are also those how know how to play but don’t have access to a decent acoustic guitar.

When I was looking for a GH I was hoping to find information something like . .

#1 Get a GHWT (Guitar Hero World Tour) guitar that works with Sony Playstation 3 (SP3) (as pictured below)
Warning! Do not buy a GH designed for SonyPlaystation 2 as this dongle will only work with the SP2 game console and not USB V2 on your PC.

#2 It must have a wireless dongle that will plug into your PC via USB V2 (as pictured below)

#3 When used as a Virtual Instrument set as follows

#4 When using the GHWT within a sequencer set as follows
Pro-Tools
Cubase
Sonar
Logic
Etc. Etc.

Sergey, my dilemma is all of the above and then some.

I have a midi guitar that is a shame to be called a midi guitar considering it cost me $4,500.00 some time ago. In no way can I use the notes that have been recorded without spending days editing the recorded midi material. When I saw your video regarding the Guitar Hero approach I said “Wow, no latency” and proceeded to investigate your videos but found no clear answers as to what it is I needed to make this work. I bought five different GH guitars and alas the last one finally got some moderate results. I say moderate because it is so unclear as to what I should do to make it work!

Scenario #1

I can use the GH guitar if I have the Real Guitar Icon on my desktop, load it and select Joystick mode. I get rather a moderate representation of an acoustic guitar but not near the response your demonstrator gets.

My latency is noticeable even if I select 64 samples on my audio card.

This same audio card (in my computer) has no problem playing back Superior Drummer V2.+ which occupies five times the amount of memory (set @ 128 samples) that RealGuitar does @ 64 samples.

Bottom line is, it works when used with all my other virtual instruments with no issues or latency.

Scenario #2

I use Sonar 8.53 and load one of the three midi files you have provided for the 3 methods being Color Tabs, Smart strums, & Smart strings (and the last two I haven’t got the foggiest where or how to use them)! There are no instructions!

My Sonar sequencer plays back the provided data without a hitch using RealGuitar as the VI however, when I try to access the RealGuitar VI (Virtual Instrument) with my Guitar Hero World Tour guitar I can’t get squat (sound) out of the VI. I see the appropriate colored dots lighting up when it is in Color Tabs mode but no chord data is reaching the plugin relusting in no sound heard or data being recorded.

I’ve ran a sequencer since 1986 and this is the first time that logic eludes me! I know it’s not a midi instrument so setting the midi makes no difference. How is the signal to be recorded and what should my settings be in order to make this work?

Please help me Sergey!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tele,

1. The guy with headphones on the video is me...

2. I used Sonar 8.5.3 to record video, and Guitar Hero World Tour controller with no problem. Everything worked fine without any additional latency from the controller

3. Did you install MusicLab Virtual MIDI Driver (should be installed with RealGuitar)? Check that in MusicLab installation directory (by default: C/Program files/MusicLab).

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Other products All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1