Real Guitar and Tracktion
View previous topic :: View next topic
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Real Guitar and Tracktion Reply with quote

Hello folks,
I already posted this in kvr-vst forum but apparently no one could help me there...so maybe you can.

Problem is I want touse Real Guitar 1.5 with patterns with Tracktion. Now the manual says that in order to get realtime playing of the patterns I have to output a track to Real Guitar etc but I don't seem to understand this at all.

When I loaded RG into a tracktion track and import a midi file, it spreads the patterns onto the tracks. Well and I don't know how to continue from there in order to get it working. I tried dragging one pattern onto the midi (RG) track and playing it back but not even that did work.

Maybe someone here who uses Tracktion can give me an Tracktion-focused explanation of the things I have to do in order to get it all working within Tracktion.

Thanks
Chris

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

We have no Tracktion users here at all.

Answer this to clarify how it works with MIDI and VSTi:

1. Can you import any MIDI file and play it back to any VST instrument within Tracktion?

2. How do you use RealGuitar for performing guitar part in Tracktion (realtime play RG without using MIDI patterns)?

3. Can you record notes you play from MIDI keyboard to RG on a MIDI track and then playback this track to RG?

Regards,
Sergey

luisto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: RealGuitar and Tracktion Reply with quote

I just figured out how to get this working on Tracktion. You have to use Rack filters. Check out the explanation on http://www.adbe.org/guides/tracktion/racks1.html. In particular, check out the second section, the one that's called "Sending to a Track." I have built that setup for RealGuitar, only connecting the MIDI yellow cable instead of the output cables. Then I create three tracks, and put this Rack filter on Track1 and Track2. Track1 is the RG Midi Pattern Track, Track2 is the track where I play the song. In Track3 I put my rack filter and then the RealGuitar plugin. This "merges" the tracks. Works great for me...

Koolkeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey,

I'm a very loyal Tracktion user. So that makes at least one! I'm not too active lately(getting married in three days), but I still pop in.

Koolkeys

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1