Version 3 will not install on E: drive
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Installation and Registration
View previous topic :: View next topic
cdxp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Version 3 will not install on E: drive Reply with quote

I have an SSD as Drve C: I currently have Version 2 installed on Drive E: When i try to install the version 3 upgrades to drive E: they fail with lack of disk space.(2TB free). They will install to drive C: OK but i cant put them there as I dont have the space (i have to cancel the installation). I will try downloading the full version.

cdxp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Mouseover problem download website Reply with quote

This is minor but the mouseover on the downlaod page says mac for all versions of windows and mac

cdxp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Same install problem with full version win 7 x64 Reply with quote

I have tried installing full versions 3 to Drive D: or Drive E:. Same problem says not enough disk space at start of install. My guess is drive C: is hard coded somewhere or I have a weird problem but all my other multimedia software is installed on drive E: OK

I have noticed that the Program File X86 directories created are upper case and no Program File directories are created. In the request to create directories they are mixed case.

I am using 64 bit windows 7

wames0001

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the mouseover says MAC (even though it has windows icon), I didn't click on it. I don't see this as minor. It was significant enough to keep me away from it. I don't want to take a chance on downloading a MAC program into my windows system. If this is truely and error (and I think it probably is), it really needs to be corrected right away. Thanks.

waleed123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're installing RealGuitar 3 over the older version, you might want to try just dumping your old folder and allowing RealGuitar 3 to install a new one. If you're installing RealGuitar 3 for the first time, try installing it, but skip installing the banks during the original installation process. After just installing the VI, open up "StgMan" and install your banks that way. (I think that's what the last guy just said) I personally had no problem like that during installation, but I'm on Snow Leopard on a black MacBook, so it could be contiguous to Lion or Mountain Lion or 64 bits.

Speaking of banks, is there any point in installing anything but 44.1 kHz? The standalone defaults to 44.1 kHz, and every time I open the VI inside of a DAW, it just loads up the 44.1 kHz bank, despite the fact that I record at 88.2 kHz/32-bit float. I've contemplated moving the 44.1 kHz bank to the Trash temporarily and possibly forcing RealGuitar/LPC/Strat to load up the 88.2 kHz bank.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waleed123,

If you work in a DAW at 88.2 kHz use 88.2 bank created by StgManager (as you are currently doing). No need in 44.1 bank

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Installation and Registration All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1