Patterns included in vsti / e-guitar version
View previous topic :: View next topic
tom_level

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Patterns included in vsti / e-guitar version Reply with quote

hi people at musiclab,

i saw that realguitar supports patterns now. unfortunately my host doesnt support midi fx, so i cant use it Sad
i was wondering if it would be possible integrating the rhythm+chords feature directly into the vsti?
it would have to be somekind of internal sequencer which plays a pattern (synced to the host's bpm) - and which can be triggered by chords (midi keyboards) - similar to virtual guitarist.

i hope its possible coz it would rock bigtime Smile

imo the external rhythm+chords plugin is damn fiddly + time consuming, this way would be really nice.

2nd are u already developping an electric version of realguitar?

thanks + keep up the great work!
tom

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_level

1. Patterns that can be used with RealGuitar are common MIDI files so you don't need the host
supporting MFX. All you need to use pattern in your host sequencer is import MIDI file feature. The RealGuitar Pattern Library contains multi-track MIDI files (Styles). Every MIDI file includes a number of rhythm patterns recorded on seperate tracks (5 - 25 patterns). So if your host can import multi-track MID files you can easily use our MIDI Pattern Library without Rhythm'n'Chords MFX plugin.

2. We are planning to start with e-guitar samples for RG (or e-guitar verstion) as soon as possible (think the next month)

Regards,
Sergey

Rockitglider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Patterns included in vsti / e-guitar version Reply with quote

tom_level wrote:
hi people at musiclab,

i saw that realguitar supports patterns now. unfortunately my host doesnt support midi fx, so i cant use it Sad
i was wondering if it would be possible integrating the rhythm+chords feature directly into the vsti?
it would have to be somekind of internal sequencer which plays a pattern (synced to the host's bpm) - and which can be triggered by chords (midi keyboards) - similar to virtual guitarist.

i hope its possible coz it would rock bigtime Smile

imo the external rhythm+chords plugin is damn fiddly + time consuming, this way would be really nice.

2nd are u already developping an electric version of realguitar?

thanks + keep up the great work!
tom

Hello Tom,

Just to add to what Sergey said, this is a DXi-VSTi version, It's not a Midi effect. So it will work in any sequincer that supports those two formats. So Rock-On Dude!

See ya, Rockitglider Cool

tom_level

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: midi patterns Reply with quote

ok i think i got it now Smile

if i understood it right, the pattern library is somekind of rendered midifiles from rhythm&chords right?

imo it lacks a bit of interactivity - u would have to change the notes manually all the time.

the best solution would be like with virtual guitarist:
u load a pattern into realguitar - it just contains style data and no fixed notes (default notes maybe).
when u start the sequencer it starts playing along if u hit some chords. this way you have relatime control over it all Smile what u think?
tom

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom_level,

MIDI Patterns work with RealGuitar similar to Virtual Guitarist (the only difference is that RealGuitar doesn't have its own playing engine, so you have to previously copy pattern to MIDI track and start your host sequencer to playback pattern. Then simply play chord changes to RG

Moreover you can easily edit pattern in Piano Roll view (delete/add notes to change rhythm, edit velocity, timing of every note, or create your own pattern on the fly) which is not possible with Virtual Guitarist at all

Regards,
Sergey

Last edited by Sergey_MusicLab on Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

tom_level

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: midi patterns Reply with quote

oh great!
i understood now Smile so realguitar just takes the style but u can play your own chords in realtime on that pattern. thats great! Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1