Pattern Library Auditioning
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rockitglider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Pattern Library Auditioning Reply with quote

Hello,

I bought the pattern libraries, and I love them, but is there an easier way to audition them other than loading each one into Sonar and adding an audio track with an instance of real guitar to listen to each one so I know which one I want to use? I tried to save them with an audio track with an instance of Real Guitar so I wouldn't have to do this every time, but when I reopen the file the audio track is changed to a midi track and real guitar is gone from the file. I would like to be able to audition them easier if there is a way. Thanks,

Rockitglider Cool

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockitglider,

The easiest way to audition patterns in Sonar and Cubase SX 2.2 (both support drag'n'drop MIDI files):
1. First open new project and create MIDI track
2. Launch RealGuitar and output MIDI track to RG
3. (In Windows) Find the folder with Pattern Library and DRAG pattern MIDI file directly to Sonar/Cubase empty place (out of the project view, somewhere on toolbar or the like). That will open the new song with the tracks/patterns on their place.
4. Simply drag (or copy) any pattern from the pattern project's track view to the project that already has RealGuitar launched. Then delete the used pattern and drag another one, etc....

You can do it as many times as you want using only one instant of RG.
(So you don't need to launch RealGuitar for every new pattern MIDI file you import).

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Sergey

kevvvvv

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drag'n'drop into SX is a tedious way to work when there are hundreds of files to audition

Dragging is fine if you know what you want in advance, or are happy to just to use the next consecutive file in the group.

But with so many good quality files available, offering lots of imaginative choice for really interesting guitar possibilities, the present drag'n'drop takes forever, and clutters up the timeline.

So a Preview Browser that auditions would be a great addition for the future.

As an example, any good drum sampler offers Preview as standard.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevvvvv,

Quote:

You are right. That's what we are actually thinking about for future improving the RG pattern handling.

Regards,
Sergey

Rockitglider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
kevvvvv,

Quote:

You are right. That's what we are actually thinking about for future improving the RG pattern handling.

Regards,
Sergey

Hello Sergey,

This sounds great as I still have not found an easy way to audition or preview the files.

Rockitglider

TQ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
kevvvvv,

Quote:

Regards,
Sergey

I second that. A pattern browser would be great (like in FXPansion's BFD, for example).

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQ,

Working on that. Think pattern browser would be realized in RealGuitar future version.
We are also considering drag'n'drop chords feature as well.

Regards,
Sergey

kevvvvv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergey
Quote:
We are also considering drag'n'drop chords feature as well.

What is this? All curiosity here Cool

Re RG: What we have already is good, but better control on the dynamics of bends and slides would be even better. These are midi programming jobs, and probably less complicated and expensive than recording new samples.

Maybe adding subtle programming nuances like these is relatively cheap and easy?

Thinking about this a bit more:

MusicLab's core skill is in programming guitar, as apart from sample recording and editing (which is a ball-ache Laughing )

So maybe collaboration with a sample house is a good route forward?

There are quite a few sample houses with both electric and acoustic guitars and low sales. Some of these might be very interested in a collaborative effort.

Likewise there are amp and cab modellers springing up every week.

If you look at the history of VSTi development, it's often the devs that collaborate that make it big in the market ... partly because products get to market quicker, and partly because they can offer richer feature sets.

Anyhow, no criticism at all implied here. None at all Smile

You're probably thinking about these things already Wink

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevvvvv,

We are thinking to implement pattern browser to preview and drag'n'drop patterns to MIDI track (for hosts like Cubase, Sonar supporting d'n'd MIDI)

Additionally there can be the possibility to select (by chord name) and preview chords right in RealGuitar window - so for those who can't play keyboard good enough and are not familiar with piano chords that would be easier to create chord sequence for the song by selecting chord names (root and type) from popup menu and dragging them to the needed measures of a MIDI track one by one. Think user chords constructing will be also available by clicking on frets of RG virtual fretboard

Regards,
Sergey

Rockitglider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
kevvvvv,

We are thinking to implement pattern browser to preview and drag'n'drop patterns to MIDI track (for hosts like Cubase, Sonar supporting d'n'd MIDI)

Additionally there can be the possibility to select (by chord name) and preview chords right in RealGuitar window - so for those who can't play keyboard good enough and are not familiar with piano chords that would be easier to create chord sequence for the song by selecting chord names (root and type) from popup menu and dragging them to the needed measures of a MIDI track one by one. Think user chords constructing will be also available by clicking on frets of RG virtual fretboard

Regards,
Sergey

Hello Sergey,

This sounds really great! I will look forward to a brouser like this, It would make life very easy.

Thanks, Rockitglider Cool

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1