Real Guitar Crashes (Chords) Cubase SX and Sonar Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look dude, it's either your midi controller or the asio drivers of your emu. I have a 1212m , same drivers as you. It's not cubase cause it crashes in standalone, So it's either the controller or the drivers. I got a shitload of bugs with my 1212m, not just realguitar, so good chance its those shitty asio drivers, an update is coming end of september so maybe that'll fix this crash issue. I still think it's the controller cause it doesn't crash when i pop the notes in the piano roll.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dipshit, I'm using SONAR, NOT Cubase. Read the posts before you respond and shut your yapper.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What version of RealGuitar causes crashes?

2. What sampling rate do you use in audio settings?

3. Please send us the Cubase crash log file to: supportbox@musiclab.com

Regards,
Sergey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God.

Again, I am NOT using Cubase. And, for all of your information, v1.0 works fine and does not crash at all. Sample rate is 44.1 16 bit.

Never mind.

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest,

If you use RG in Sonar, do you launch RG as DXi or VSTi?

Does crash happen with a standalone launch?

What are your computer specs?

Regards,
Sergey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Cubase sx 2 (latest build) crashes in standalone also. Error log reprts crash with the realguitar.mll file.

Sane bloke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: ?????????? Reply with quote

Please do be rude on this board, the Musiclab team are very responsive and helpful.

I do not have any problems with Real Guitar1.5 in stand alone or in Sonar 3PE

one silly mistake I have made in passing is leave my computer connected to the internet whilst using 1.5 which caused problems (as it does with loadsa stuff).

Nobody here appreciates teenager type insults and I'm certain that it is likely to slow down assistance from others.

Landphil

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

Here's another problem . . .

Guest wrote:
Dipshit, I'm using SONAR, NOT Cubase.

Guest wrote:
Using Cubase sx 2 (latest build) crashes in standalone also. Error log reprts crash with the realguitar.mll file.

Guest wrote:
Again, I am NOT using Cubase. And, for all of your information, v1.0 works fine and does not crash at all.

If you're posting as Guest, at least put a sig at the end of the post so a question or answer intended for Guest isn't mistaken for a question or answer intended for Guest. Rolling Eyes

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubasesx.exe Version Version 2.2.0 Build 35 - 19.9.2004 13:49
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Timestamp is 40b33f83 (Tue May 25 08:43:47 2004)
D:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase SX\Cubasesx.exe
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address: 0533CDE7 01:0001BDE7 D:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\RealGuitar\RealGuitar.mll

Registers:
EAX=fff85790 ECX=04b9ff08 EDX=fff9ed90 EBX=09ae7d40 ESI=09ae7d40 EDI= 09b0151c
EBP=00000000 EIP=0533cde7 ESP=099dfd98 CS= 0000001b SS= 00000023 Flags=00010297
DS= 00000023 ES= 00000023 FS= 0000003b GS= 00000000

Float Save:
Control Word= ffff027f Status Word= ffff0120 Tag Word=ffffffff
Error Offset= 0534e575 Error Selector=077d001b
Data Offset= 099dfe14 Data Selector= ffff0023
Cr0NpxState= 00000000

Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 8b 0c 32 66 89 8c 30 02 96 01 00 0f bf 17 81
c2 60 19 00 00 c1 e2 04 66 c7 04 32 ff ff 66 ff

Call stack:
Address Frame

Landphil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be much help, but I'll post anyway.

Seems that quite a few people are experiencing ACCESS_VIOLATION errors in Cubase with different VST.dll's as the culprit. I'm no expert, but these errors seem to point at specific system configurations. Memory management and the possibility of bad RAM keep coming up as possible solutions, but, like I said, I'm no expert. Logic dictates that if a VST is working perfectly well on the majority of systems but crashes a few, it's not a bug in the VST, but a conflict in those systems.

Here's a couple of Cubase.net threads regarding ACCESS_VIOLATION's

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum2/HTML/057020.html

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum2/HTML/063918.html

I found the response from this thread quite interesting . . .
http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum2/HTML/064502.html

Rami/Cubase.net wrote:
Ok. Here's what I've done for getting rid of Access violation errors.
The setup first. My PC is self-built and consists of following hardware: Asus P4C800 Deluxe mobo, P4 2.6GHz CPU, 2 x 256MB Kingston HyperX DDR PC3500 memory, 2 x 120GB Maxtor HD:s, Matrox G550 dualhead graphics, Audiophile 2496 and Yamaha SW1000XG. All these in Antec Sonata silent chassis. No overclocking. Software: Windows XP pro, Cubase SX 1.06, Halion 2.0, AA Lounge Lizard 2, Spectrasonics Atmosphere and Trilogy + big amount of free (or bundled) VSTi:s. The XP was optimised using the instructions told in www.musicxp.net <http://www.musicxp.net> site.
When the system was built about a year ago, I got only occasionally crashes. These were access violation crashes but not very frequent. Not a big problem then. The error log told that the error was caused either by Cubasesx.exe or some VSTi .dll file.
However, when I installed Atmosphere and Trilogy (Spectrasonics) few months ago, the problems really started. I got very frequent access_violation crashes caused usually by atmosphere.dll but sometimes trilogy.dll also. I searched all information I could find from the Internet and bulletin boards but no help. The access_violation seemed to be a strange error in a way that no clear solution was available.
I then contacted Spectrasonic tech support and got really fast and good service. I was first told to optimise the PC for audio. Their instructions contained several tweaks already told in musicxp.net but with following difference: On the Virtual Memory page select System managed size, NOT custom size as adviced in musicxp.net. Here are the exact instructions:
"While pressing the Windows key, press Pause Break. Select the Advanced tab on the System Properties page. Select Settings in the Performance dialogue. Select the Visual Effects tab the click Custom. Uncheck each box except the last one, "Use visual styles....". Then click the Advanced tab. In the Processor scheduling dialogue select Background services. Now select Change within the Virtual memory dialogue. On the Virtual Memory page select System managed size. Re-boot."
After these settings the situation got much better. I'd say only 1/5th of the original error frequency. I reported this to Spectrasonics tech support. They told me that all this sounds very RAM related and I should bench test my RAM and ensure that all the RAM installed is manufactured by same company.
By this, I had already contacted the memory manufacturer Kingston. Their tech support was also very rapid and convincing. Btw I noticed from their web site that Kingston suggested using standard Value RAM memory in P4C800 mobos instead of HyperX. I got a long and detailed explanation what may be a cause for memory problems. Based on their information and some own conclusions, I made following changes to the BIOS settings. NOTE that some or all of the follwing settings may apply only this system and memory type!
* Overclock tuner: standard -> manual
* DRAM frequency: auto -> 400MHz
* Performance mode: auto -> standard
* Hyperthreading: enabled -> disabled
* CPU configuration: enabled -> disabled
* Configure DRAM timing by SPD: enabled -> disabled
* CAS# latency: 2.5 -> 2.0
* RAS# precharge: 4 -> 3
* RAS# to CAS# delay: 4 -> 3
* Precharge delay: 8 -> 7
* Burst length: 8 -> 4
Hard to say exactly what are the 'most effective' tweaks here, as all was made in one time. Now I've had several long composing sessions with absolutely no errors!!! This was the target and I'm satisfied.
Hope some of you get some help from this explanation to solve this irritating problem. I'll gladly give more information if needed.
I'd like to thank Spectrasonics and Kingston tech support for their help. There is so much ignorance in this cruel world but at least these guys have the right attitude;-)
Cheers,
Rami

All I can say is RealGuitar runs flawlessly here. I've ran up to 8 RG's before experiencing ASIO choking, but never crashed once using. . .

P42gig
VIA P4X266-8233 MOBO
1GIG Kingston DDR-SDRAM
RME Multiface audio
180GIG drive dedicated to audio.
ATI Radeon 7500 video
Cubase SX1.06/Chainer/MiniHost/Brainspawn Forte demo/Standalone RG

MusicXP.net has some good information as well.

Here's hoping you find some solutions! Smile

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many ppl who are experiencing crashes are running a legit version of real guitar or a pirated version?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.5 crashes my system exactly the way it is described by the original poster.. either stand alone, or in Sonar PE 3.1.1 as a vst or dxi..

I thought it was a really great program 'at first'.. now it seems a little to buggy to me.. maybe future versions will be stable.. this one sure isn't..

I have a p4 2.5G 1GB ram..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicx wrote:
Also made sure recent update (Graphics card, usb/midi/sound card, etc) all had current drivers.

still happens.

select CHORDS with any instrument , try to strum C to C (one octave) and SX locks up and has to shut down.

thanks,

same with Sonar 3PE

Bermuda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: ??? Reply with quote

hey folks with the crashing problem!

Whether you use
sonar or cubase, please contact tech support. I think you have probably exhausted this board as an avenue.

Bottom line ... as stand alone or as inserted as a DXI in
Sonar3.1.1, I and many others do not suffer wih Realguitar crashing from the situation described re playing up an Octave in chord mode.

Please go through the right channels, supply the usual and requested information direct to the tech support and your problem will likely be addressed and solved.

Many thanks (just trying to help point you in the right direction to get your issue resolved)

Thanks

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2