Real Guitar Crashes (Chords) Cubase SX and Sonar Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
musicx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Real Guitar Crashes (Chords) Cubase SX and Sonar Reply with quote

At first I thought it was Cubase SX, then I tried my older Sonar and was able to recreate the crash.

Load one instance of Real Guitar, select string/pick, chose Chords, then hit any key and it's respected octive and CRASH. i.e. C1 then C2.

Any ideas?

Landphil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit lost when you say "string/pick"

Are you refering to "Steel Picked, Nylon Picked", or the Bass and Pick mode?

I'm not having any problems here, as far as SX goes. Could you list some system specs and the versions of SX and Sonar that you're running?

Phil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landphil wrote:
I'm a bit lost when you say "string/pick"

Are you refering to "Steel Picked, Nylon Picked", or the Bass and Pick mode?

I'm not having any problems here, as far as SX goes. Could you list some system specs and the versions of SX and Sonar that you're running?

Phil

Sure, I meant steal picked, then I select chord (as opposed to solo, etc), hit C1 then C2 and it crashes. Latest version of Cubase SX. It also happens in a older version of Sonar.

Windows XP SP1
4 HD's
Real Guitar on seperate HD.
1 GIG RAM

thanks

musicx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also made sure recent update (Graphics card, usb/midi/sound card, etc) all had current drivers.

still happens.

select CHORDS with any instrument , try to strum C to C (one octave) and SX locks up and has to shut down.

thanks,

Landphil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see . . .
I'll see if I can duplicate the crash when I get home from work. I hate working for a living, but it sure pays for some cool toys!

Phil

Landphil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this probably won't help much, but I can't make SX crash.

Win XP Pro
P4 2GIG
1 GIG RAM
RME Multiface soundcard
Cubase SX 1.06 (it works. . . afraid to upgrade!)

I tried every guitar in every chord inversion with every octave on the keyboard (88 note Kurz 2600) Even tried triple and quad octaves, but everything works OK for me.

The only things that come to mind that "might" cause such a problem are the ASIO driver, the "emulated" midi port in Cubase, or perhaps a USB conflict if you're using a USB keyboard. I don't have Sonar, so I can't say there. I've read about problems with the emulated port on Cubase.net forums, but I've never experienced it, so I'm no expert on what the problems are/were. I guess I've been very lucky. . . I've never had the problems I've read about on other forums, with the exception of shared IRQ's. . . like my old Delta 24/96 soundcard and a USB printer. . . caused a pop everytime the printer would poll the computer.

Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not much help. . . Embarassed

Phil

MusicianJRBC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Real Guitar Chords + CUbase SX = Crash Reply with quote

I came to this forum because I experiencing the same problem !!!

Real Guitar crashes when i am playing chords on it

It might be because of Oxygen 8 keyborad )=:

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

musicx,

Quote:
then hit any key and it's respected octive and CRASH. i.e. C1 then C2.

1. Does it happen with other notes also?

2. What keyboard do you use?

3. Does it happen if you step record the same notes in Cubase MIDI track and playback them (without using the keyboard)?

MusicianJRBC,

Quote:
Real Guitar crashes when i am playing chords on it
It might be because of Oxygen 8 keyborad )

1. Did you try other keyboard?
2. Does it happen if you step record the same notes in Cubase MIDI track and playback them (without using the keyboard)?

Regards,
Sergey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on this?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keyboard has nothing to do with it. This is a SOFTWARE problem and musiclab has been slow to address the problem it seems.

All of these people aren't having problems for nothing, and asking people to try different keyboards is a joke. YOu may as well ask them to try a different monitor to make sure they are really seeing their software crash!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

We couldn't produce RG crash both in Sonar and Cubase, so can't say anything usefull before you answer the questions posted earlier.

Regards,
Sergey

Bermuda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: No luck here, all is calm Reply with quote

I'm confused isn't the ozone only two octaves?

i.e. surely you would have one for playing a chord and the other would be for repeats or mutes?????

I don't understand how you can play C1 and C2 unless you are hitting the up down octave button whilst holding the same note or something.

I tried the C1 and C2 thing in standalone and in Sonar3P, and had NO crashes. Radium 61 keyboard by the way. Do you have the setting on Kbd or on I II III IV etc?

Are you using it as a DXi inserted or as a VST instrument in Sonar (I used a DXi.

All I can suggest is that you ensure you have the latest SX or Sonar updates and patches, ensure your soundcard has the latest drivers and (most importantly maybe ???) that your keyboard has the latest driver. I know there is an update for the radium 61, so maybe there is one for the Ozone.

the only other thing I can think of is that maybe you are using old software studios or specs that are not sufficient for what you are trying to run.

The other day I was running Reason 2.5 and nearly fell off my chair when it crash due to me exceeding what the CPU could handle (this is a P43.06GHZ too). It took some turning space echo reverbs into send/receive, deleteing instrument specific effects, cutting down on large (and unutilised) polophony on synths and hey presto it's back with plenty of room to add much more stuff. (i.e. max 20% CPU now used), I also increased the amount of CPU the software can use to 90% from 80% to see if this helps or hinders in the future.

I guess my waffle point is ensure you are not accidentally stretching your PC with excess (like I was).

SPencer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem also with crashes using chords in cubase sx 2. i did all the tests and DID find that it was due to my usb keystation 49e midi controller. If i put notes inside the piano roll it doesnt crash, but same notes played on my controller and it crashes.

To the dude bitching and complaining, why don't you test things out instead of whining. This is not a realguitar issue, as it runs fine for most people.

Your best bet is to email cubase support or the makers of your controller and see if they can help.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guest (last poster), you should shut your yapper because plenty of people are having problems and are NOT using a usb controller.

I for one am using a StudioLogic SL controller, straight midi into an EMU 1820m. RealGuitar crashes anytime I play chords and use more than 1 key on the keyboard, period. I can play notes, I can do whatever but switching to chord mode and playing more than one key on the keyboard crashes the whole deal - Sonar 3.1.1.

So, shut your piehole and stop assuming that everyone except for you has no clue what they are talking about, beeyatch!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here are the answers to your questions:

1. Does it happen with other notes also?
Only chords, and when playing more than one note on the keyboard at the same time.

2. What keyboard do you use?

Studiologic SL series controller - pretty standard stuff.

3. Does it happen if you step record the same notes in Cubase MIDI track and playback them (without using the keyboard)?

No, but again, I am not using a USB keyboard - it's a pure midi out to midi in on my emu 1820m

Let's start getting some answers Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next