Does Real Guitar work as a DXI plugin?
View previous topic :: View next topic
ssemery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Does Real Guitar work as a DXI plugin? Reply with quote

Question This is important because Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 ($69) is strictly DXI, it does not have the Vst adapter. If I don't have to spend the extra cash for Home Studio 2 ($99) with the Vst adapter, I don't want to!

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssemery,

RealGuitar does work as a DXi without VST adapter.

Regards,
Sergey

Konrad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: DXI in Sonar Reply with quote

Sonar 2.2 only uses DXI, not VST. RealGuitar is working fine in Sonar, although there are a couple of quirks. As soon as I learn more about overcoming the minor glitches, I will post the information.

Konrad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: RealGuitar as DXI in Sonar Reply with quote

I use Sonar 2.2 and discovered (but cannot explain) the following:

- RealGuitar DOES work if you click on View | Synth Rack, click on the Insert icon (a star-burst shape at the top left of the synth rack), and select MusicLab RealGuitar.
- RealGuitar does NOT seem to work if you add it to a sequence by clicking on Insert | DXI Synth | MusicLab RealGuitar.

My compliments to MusicLab for a fine set of products and excellent support.

Regards, --The Mighty Konrad

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konrad

Quote:
- RealGuitar does NOT seem to work if you add it to a sequence by clicking on Insert | DXI Synth | MusicLab RealGuitar.

Do you mean inserting DXi RealGuitar to Audio track, FX bin?

Checked, everything works OK

Regards,
Sergey

RealGuitar as Sonar DXI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey, When I click Insert | DXI | MusicLab RealGuitar, Sonar 2.2 creates an audio track and a MIDI track. The MIDI track is set-up to output to RealGuitar. Everything looks OK, but adding notes to the MIDI track makes no sound. I do not have this problem when adding the tracks from the synth rack even though all the settings and track properties look the same. I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I have not been able to find it.

If you want me to try something specific, I will be glad to and will send you files or screen shots.

Sorry, but I didn't understand your question.

Thanks, --Konrad

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konrad,

Tested RG from Inserts/DXi Synth - works fine.

Please check the DXi RealGuitar track Input - it should be automatically set to 'MusicLab RealGuitar 1 Output 1'. If not, RG will not receive MIDI from MIDI track even if RG is selected in the Output of the track.

Regards,
Sergey

Konrad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Thanks for your help. I can longer recreate this problem, so the issue is resolved.

One important note for users that is not documented anywhere I've seen:

RealGuitar may not automatically have a sound present when added to a Sonar sequence. You must go to Synth rack or Console view and open RealGuitar and select a sound.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1