RealGuitar version 3.0 news Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Leee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same thing about dsafro, what gave it away for me is two things 1- first time posting, just joined the forum and 2 - his message begins with "Guys...", who else begins their messages with "Guys". I'll give you a hint, he works at MusicLab.

It's quite possible I'm totally wrong about this, I really hope I am! But if not then MusicLab has sunk to a new low.

bramwell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that I may get flamed for this, but oh well. I have been a customer of Musiclab for a long time. I have many of their products, and I, too, have been slightly critical in the past about their communication skills. However, I have always been extremely happy with their products.
I get the idea that Musiclab is quite a small company, maybe even just a few guys. They have brought some very good ideas to the music world. I give them a lot of credit for that. I think sometimes they are overly ambitious in their timelines and while that has caused some frustration in the past, I still have been more than pleased with what they come out with. I have been waiting for this product for over 2 years since they first announced it. I know that it will be well worth the wait when it arrives.
I know that it is very frustrating, but I don't think, personally, that all the posting is really constructive. It will be out, when it is out. If you don't want the product, then don't purchase it. If you think that their handling of this situation warrants being concerned about their customer service, then don't purchase the product. You have made your displeasure known, piling on doesn't make things go any faster. It may alleviate a little of your tension, but won't help a working relationship with the company.
The marketplace will decide whether their product is worth waiting for. They will rise and fall based upon the customer's decision to purchase or not purchase. That is the best way to make your displeasure known. Otherwise, after the first couple complaints, it just becomes a wall of noise.
Oh well, I just wanted to give a bit of support to the guys at Musiclab after so much distress. No, I do not work for Musiclab. Pretty conspiratorial of you all to suggest they would do that. Although I guess just because someone is paranoid doesn''t mean that someone isn't out to get them.

Thanks.
Bramwell

Leee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there is too much complaining, and I'm just as guilty as anyone. But you have to remember that the reason there is complaining every month is because the V3 release is PROMISED every month, and every month it fails to be delivered. So maybe, if they stopped promising to deliver it every month, there would be fewer complaints?!?!

I bet you would have seen hardly any of this kind of complaining if right from the start they said "V3 is in the works, we're not sure of a release date, but we'll keep you updated as things progress"
I know I would have been very happy with that, instead of having the rug pulled out from under us every single month. It's getting really old.

bramwell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leee... I realize that waiting for a product is not easy, especially one with the promise of V3. However, on my part, I have been waiting for this product for over 2 years. It was first introduced as Struminator over two years ago. Yet, patience is a virtue.....
You are accurate in what you are saying, and I am not trying to defend Musiclab's communication skills. I think, though, that most will be forgotten and forgiven once the product does release.
I don't think Musiclab has a large (or even small) PR department. They are programmers, not public relations. So, even though it frustrates me, also, at times, I have to remember that they can make mistakes too. I would rather they make the mistakes in PR rather than in programming.
I just think the amount of complaints has gotten tiresome. As I have already stated, if the poor communication is that big of an issue, then it is time to look at a competitors product. That is the only way that a company, big or small, will learn what they need to know. If there is no competitor's product that will do what V3 will do, then you are held captive to the non-schedule of Musiclab. I have no problem with voicing a complaint once (although that would probably be even more effectice through email), but the continual babble (and I am not just singling you out) gets to be a bit much, at least for me.
Musiclab has heard the complaints. They are probably doing all they can do to get the product out. Would a small explanation on the forums each couple of weeks be good, probably. Yet, they have not seen fit to do that...so I guess we just wait or speak with our dollars to another company. For me, I have not found products that can do what Musiclab's do...so I will just wait and purchase when the product is ready.

Thanks
Bramwell

dsafro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leee wrote:
I thought the same thing about dsafro, what gave it away for me is two things 1- first time posting, just joined the forum and 2 - his message begins with "Guys...", who else begins their messages with "Guys". I'll give you a hint, he works at MusicLab.

It's quite possible I'm totally wrong about this, I really hope I am! But if not then MusicLab has sunk to a new low.

I really don't work for MusicLab, Lee. And not everybody who starts a sentence with "Guys" his name is Konstantin or Sergey or Ivan, Vladimir or whoever of the former Soviet Union works there Very Happy

Cavemann

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need a "Like" button here.

rtucker55

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have a: V3 released, 'BUY NOW' button! Very Happy

2012dd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bramwell wrote:
Leee... I realize that waiting for a product is not easy, especially one with the promise of V3. However, on my part, I have been waiting for this product for over 2 years. It was first introduced as Struminator over two years ago. Yet, patience is a virtue.....
You are accurate in what you are saying, and I am not trying to defend Musiclab's communication skills. I think, though, that most will be forgotten and forgiven once the product does release.
I don't think Musiclab has a large (or even small) PR department. They are programmers, not public relations. So, even though it frustrates me, also, at times, I have to remember that they can make mistakes too. I would rather they make the mistakes in PR rather than in programming.
I just think the amount of complaints has gotten tiresome. As I have already stated, if the poor communication is that big of an issue, then it is time to look at a competitors product. That is the only way that a company, big or small, will learn what they need to know. If there is no competitor's product that will do what V3 will do, then you are held captive to the non-schedule of Musiclab. I have no problem with voicing a complaint once (although that would probably be even more effectice through email), but the continual babble (and I am not just singling you out) gets to be a bit much, at least for me.
Musiclab has heard the complaints. They are probably doing all they can do to get the product out. Would a small explanation on the forums each couple of weeks be good, probably. Yet, they have not seen fit to do that...so I guess we just wait or speak with our dollars to another company. For me, I have not found products that can do what Musiclab's do...so I will just wait and purchase when the product is ready.

Thanks
Bramwell

Bramwell,
What planet are you from? Read my last post. Based on your last posting, I can conclude that you are not mentally challenged. You did clearly articulate your opinion even though your opinion is mind boggling here on earth. This is my reason for responding to you.
We are not complaining about the quality of the software. This forum is for voicing opinions, complaints, and advice etc. I have to say that I do admire your poised attitude and your obvious great tolerance for bad service. I can only imagine the quality of service and treatment one would get from X company with your reasoning.

Yes, I will sadly, for the love of music, buy Version 3 when it comes out, even if Musiclab doesn't respect logical thinking people like myself.

Leee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we please try and keep the personal attacks and rude comments towards each other to a minimum? I realize that there is a lot of frustration here, you know I share that frustration too, but everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone should be allowed to say what's on their mind without fearing personal attacks.

I've been attacked several times here and I really don't like it. I've been called "obnoxious" for posting my thoughts and feelings about this whole V3 mess and I don't think anyone deserves name-calling or personal attacks. Even the "guys" at MusicLab. It's nothing personal, it's business. And it's MUSIC. Musicians are supposed to be a little more sensitive than most people, at least the musicians I know. So let's everyone take a deep breath and try to relax a little bit. Sniping at each other will only make things worse.

Thank you!!! Cool

2012dd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a normal everyday kind of human, I take it personal when people lie and trick me for months. It is also business and that I take it even more personal. " Guys" don't be scared to speak your normal frustrations in fear of some sort of possible retaliation from Musiclab.
Also, for some of you hiding yourself in your soft "I am a good boy" kind of opinion is so tiring and frankly disrespectful to the evolution of feelings.

Leee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2012dd wrote:
As a normal everyday kind of human, I take it personal when people lie and trick me for months. It is also business and that I take it even more personal. " Guys" don't be scared to speak your normal frustrations in fear of some sort of possible retaliation from Musiclab.
Also, for some of you hiding yourself in your soft "I am a good boy" kind of opinion is so tiring and frankly disrespectful to the evolution of feelings.

Okay, time to get a little philosophical. Smile
I often pride myself in keeping an open mind to any serious issue or debate. I'm neither a democrat or republican, I'm neither pro-life or pro-choice, and while I'm spiritual and believe in a higher power, I'm not religious, as far as "organized religion". Why do I mention all this? It's because, as I said, I like to keep an open mind and I like to see things from both sides of an issue. For example, I'm a big Apollo buff, I'm interested in all things to do with space exploration and I get really irritated from people who claim the moon landings were a hoax, a conspiracy. But at the same time, I can totally understand where these people can get those ideas from. I don't trust our government, I know there is a lot of corruption and illegal activities going on (from BOTH political parties in America) but the point is, I look for the most logical, most explainable explanation for every circumstance. Does it make more sense that we landed on the moon as opposed to some huge conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of people?

Anyway, 2012dd, I respect your opinions and I can see where you might get the idea that there is something unethical going on with MusicLab, but my own personal common-sense tells me that it is more likely that they are just extremely disorganized in their research and development and there is no concerted effort to rip anybody off. It just seems to make more sense. They make their money from selling products, not by tricking people into pre-ordering vaporware. How far would that get them?

So my whole point is for everyone to take a step back and take a calm, rational look at what's going on. The opinions expressed here by ME and everyone else are just opinions, there is NO right or wrong opinion. It's just that some opinions are based a little more on emotions than logic. That's the only difference.

I don't know if I've successfully made my point, I hope I have. The people that are keeping a positive attitude about the constant delays are no less right or wrong in their opinions then the people, like myself, that are totally fed up with the bad information we've been receiving from MusicLab. But I see it as neither lying and trickery nor do I see it as MusicLab doing everything they can to communicate properly with its customers. Again, it's somewhere in the middle.

And yes, that is only my opinion but to me it seems like the most logical assumption if you really stop to think about it. I really do respect EVERYONE'S opinion but I'm just asking that they do the same for others.

2012dd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leee wrote:
2012dd wrote:

Okay, time to get a little philosophical. Smile
I often pride myself in keeping an open mind to any serious issue or debate. I'm neither a democrat or republican, I'm neither pro-life or pro-choice, and while I'm spiritual and believe in a higher power, I'm not religious, as far as "organized religion". Why do I mention all this? It's because, as I said, I like to keep an open mind and I like to see things from both sides of an issue. For example, I'm a big Apollo buff, I'm interested in all things to do with space exploration and I get really irritated from people who claim the moon landings were a hoax, a conspiracy. But at the same time, I can totally understand where these people can get those ideas from. I don't trust our government, I know there is a lot of corruption and illegal activities going on (from BOTH political parties in America) but the point is, I look for the most logical, most explainable explanation for every circumstance. Does it make more sense that we landed on the moon as opposed to some huge conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands of people?

Anyway, 2012dd, I respect your opinions and I can see where you might get the idea that there is something unethical going on with MusicLab, but my own personal common-sense tells me that it is more likely that they are just extremely disorganized in their research and development and there is no concerted effort to rip anybody off. It just seems to make more sense. They make their money from selling products, not by tricking people into pre-ordering vaporware. How far would that get them?

So my whole point is for everyone to take a step back and take a calm, rational look at what's going on. The opinions expressed here by ME and everyone else are just opinions, there is NO right or wrong opinion. It's just that some opinions are based a little more on emotions than logic. That's the only difference.

I don't know if I've successfully made my point, I hope I have. The people that are keeping a positive attitude about the constant delays are no less right or wrong in their opinions then the people, like myself, that are totally fed up with the bad information we've been receiving from MusicLab. But I see it as neither lying and trickery nor do I see it as MusicLab doing everything they can to communicate properly with its customers. Again, it's somewhere in the middle.

And yes, that is only my opinion but to me it seems like the most logical assumption if you really stop to think about it. I really do respect EVERYONE'S opinion but I'm just asking that they do the same for others.

How interesting to find out that your philosophical views are so extremely similar to mine. For a second there I thought it was me who wrote that. I wish I would come across more people with your views. I think the world would be a much better place. Sincerely, I believe I would like you a lot as a person.

Sure I would agree or easily contemplate the idea that the Musiclab team was disorganized and had poor plan etc... I, as a reasonable person who lives in this imperfect planet, I can understand that a company or group of people wouldn't come through with their promises once or twice for a variety of reasons, even if it was a lie. A little white lie never really hurt anybody!

For example, if a typical child who is surrounded by typical none extremist humans and has an apparent normal social behavior is found to lie repetitively, it shows that most likely he gets away with it because he can or he has a lying problem.

I would say that most likely the people running Musiclab are adults. When adults promise something in a serious manner and they fail to come through repeatedly, in normal world or in typical circumstances, by default they become liars. The reasons for their failure are no longer valid in any part of the planet.

Yes, opinions and beliefs are correct in the eyes of those who honestly feel and believe them.
Without getting too deep, in a day to day world, a repetitive, failed promise done by adults to others, especially if these are their customers, is an insult and at the very least a lie. It is not my opinion that the people at Musiclab are liars, it is a fact that they are liars.

I have seen studies that show that humans who are not reminded or are not held accountable for their wrong doings, just keep doing them and eventually get worse. But we don't need a study to tell us that.

For the hope of better service and for the sake of simple logic, we must call it what it rightfully is, a lie told by liars.

Boo, I will still buy V3 Sad

emi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 days left...

Konstantin_MusicLab
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Users,

We are glad to inform you that we've finished beta testing of version 3 and put installers into production chain. Our distributors will start printing DVDs/boxes today. Unfortunately, we cannot tell you exactly how many days it will take. But it is the final step. We apologize for the delay and frustration caused to you.

rtucker55

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Konstantin,

Is there any chance that MusicLab will offer those that are buying electronic delivery will get to upgrade sooner?

Also, would it be possible to post a copy of the new V3 manuals for the Guitar series?

Thank You again for letting us know the news.

Kind regards,
Rick

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 8 of 10 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next