RealGuitar version 3.0 news Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
lingyai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: V3 Update Reply with quote

Riley333 wrote:
If you log into your account, then click on the Buy button, it says the V3 Release is for early September 2012. So we may still have a few days to wait.
Riley

I pre-purchased version 3 based on the claim, emailed to me by MusicLab, that it would be released in July 2012.

I must say this leaves a bad taste. Ok, I know, good software takes time to de-bug before releasing. But in that case, don't promise any date. And for goodness' sake , don't go out of your way to contact people, saying "Order (and pay) now so you can get this by date X" when you really aren't sure you can deliver by that date. You're sitting on my money, and I have to guess when I'll actually get what I've paid for. If I had known that "to be released in July" actually meant "to be released in July, we hope" I would not have ordered. Not cool.

Leee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long and winding road to V3's release. All text quoted below is from either Sergey or Konstantin:

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012
The upgrade will be inexpensive, and of course include discounts for two/three product owners
We'll post the details soon
================================

Planning v.3 release in April 2012
Regards, Sergey
===================================

Planning the release of v.3 of all three instruments in April 2012
Regards, Sergey
==================================
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012
Guys,
Working on the GUI and the Manuals (final stage)
Regards, Sergey
================================
Hi all,
Dear users, version 3 release is being postponed to May 2012 due to numerous new features/improvements we've decided to implement (really as much as possible) following your requests as well.
Sorry for the release delay
====================================
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:24 am

Sorry for being late.
All I can say by now: version 3 will be surely released very soon.
===================================

Version 3 is still in works. We are working hard to finish it and release in June. Sorry for inconvenience
=====================================

Good news for those of you impatiently waiting for Real instruments version 3!
The long-awaited release is coming in July 2012!

========================================
Good news for those of you impatiently waiting for Real instruments version 3!
The long-awaited release is coming in August 2012!
=======================================

Konstantin_MusicLab wrote on August 27:
We are finishing beta testing of Mac versions. Windows ones are ready. We will need few days for our distributors to print DVDs/boxes, however. If they are not in time for August, then release will be in the first week of September. Sorry for delay.

To be continued.....

2012dd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By now, any human being with a brain and simple common sense would agree that this company has no respect for their customers.

Unless you are NOT from this earth you probably believe that this delay with RG 3 is due to technical issues.

This delay is due to MONEY. They needed money to get it finished and wanted to sell Rg2 inventory first for their retailers sake. They also needed money for manufacturing and marketing Rg3.

They sold many "RG3s" for months now and they show no respect to those who have paid for it.

Again, I could go on for days, rightfully stating how shameless and disrespectful Musiclab's actions have been in the process of the release of RG3.

The biggest shame and the most incredible atrocity in this cheap and pathetic second hand circus is that there are people here who defend and/ or support Musiclab's ways of handling these almost if not criminal actions.

Save it people. For the love of music, sadly I will still buy this RG3.

Respectfully and in the spirit of pure observation, for those of you who disagree, I will bet that you let your woman be with other man and still forgive her. The same way that you forgive the actions done here by these sincerely awesome music software company.

nickw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda disappointed. bought v2 last time in the hope that v3 would be released back then.. it was apr.. luckily I decided to just play with v2 then, never expected to still be waiting 5 mths on.

5 mths on, I did a clean install of ML and was really thinking this should be it... August 2012, to find Mac version still in Beta Sad Not sure what to do now, v2 or just wait.. sigh... a bit numb from the "excitement".

daeno79

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: @nickw..... you don't have to wait.... Reply with quote

@Nickw.... there are some easy ways to let you make an easy decision now. Google Musiclab Realguitar 2. I can find some interesting information on the first page....

dsafro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, all this complaining stuff which is on for months now isn't really going to make any change in the owners' perception of what is good business. Sergey and Konstantin are who they are, customer relations there are very problematic but you really can't teach anybody a lesson of their life on some kind of a forum and turn everything 180 degrees.
You always have the option to boycott Musiclab and not to buy their products, but hey - after nearly 5 months you're still here waiting for RG3 that you think isn't going to be available anywhere else at the competitors'. So what's the point of complaining if you're going to buy it anyway...?

The only real reason to complain is if you made RG3 pre-orders, but let me tell you one thing - buying a product which is non-existent is not the wisest thing to do, no matter if it is going to cost $50 less or $100 less. It is just NOT THERE yet. So let's allow Musiclab do their job, finish it whenever they finish it, and if we'll not be switching to some VIR2 Electri6ity 2 or similar by then - buy the RG3.

Leee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dsafro wrote:
Guys, all this complaining stuff which is on for months now isn't really going to make any change in the owners' perception of what is good business. Sergey and Konstantin are who they are, customer relations there are very problematic but you really can't teach anybody a lesson of their life on some kind of a forum and turn everything 180 degrees.
You always have the option to boycott Musiclab and not to buy their products, but hey - after nearly 5 months you're still here waiting for RG3 that you think isn't going to be available anywhere else at the competitors'. So what's the point of complaining if you're going to buy it anyway...?

The only real reason to complain is if you made RG3 pre-orders, but let me tell you one thing - buying a product which is non-existent is not the wisest thing to do, no matter if it is going to cost $50 less or $100 less. It is just NOT THERE yet. So let's allow Musiclab do their job, finish it whenever they finish it, and if we'll not be switching to some VIR2 Electri6ity 2 or similar by then - buy the RG3.

There's nothing uncommon about purchasing a product on pre-order, a lot of times you get better deals that way. Fortunately I did not pre-order from MusicLab, or I really would have been pissed off, but in all of my purchases that I've pre-ordered, whether it was a book, a movie or software, I never had to wait past the announced release date. What IS uncommon is for a company to announce a release half a year ago, and every single month since then say "THIS MONTH FOR SURE!" for five months in a row! I have never, ever seen anything like this before. If you can give me another example of this happening I'd love to hear it.

I'd say that action alone is plenty to complain about, and I disagree with you that a lesson cannot be learned by this. Hopefully MusicLab has learned a lesson and not repeat the mistakes they made this time around. And hopefully MusicLab's customers have also learned a lesson as well. Fool me once....

As I said before, I own several similar products, including Electi6ity, and while some of them sound as good as MusicLab's guitar series, I much prefer the playability of RealGuitar and RealLPC. I'm used to the way they have it set up on the keyboard, while the other products I find a little more awkward to play. So yes, I will wait for V3 but I don't have to like it and I certainly should be allowed to voice my dissatisfaction with the way this release has been handled. Isn't that what customer forum's are for?

emi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leee,6 days left... Laughing

Leee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emi wrote:
Leee,6 days left... Laughing

Yeah, 6 days left to another "delay announcement" Rolling Eyes

emi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be pessimistic Leee,this time is the right time!! Very Happy Very Happy

Leee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emi wrote:
Don't be pessimistic Leee,this time is the right time!! Very Happy Very Happy

I always try to be optimistic, but I'm also a realist by nature and if I see that 2+2=4, all the optimism in the world won't make the answer 5. Ah well, we shall see. Keeping my fingers crossed. Cool

rtucker55

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal good news is that my Guitar Hero controller came today and it looks great and is all there.

My pessimistic news is that 1st week of September will be a short week due to the Labor Day Holiday. I don't think that will delay the release of V3 though... Rolling Eyes

wichmix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: I'm not counting on it at all! Reply with quote

Maybe I should learn to play the guitar for real. By now I would have some chords down and be able to strum fairly good... Cool

daeno79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: @emi, leee and rtucker55 Reply with quote

Leee ++++++++++++++++++++++1!

YEAH!!! I'm happy too i didn't pre-order Very Happy
I can wait a year for RG3, no problem Very Happy Keep on smiling

I Think dsafro works for Musiclab.... no one, really no one! accepts what musiclab is doing.
When a potential customer can write some text on a forum, why cant Musiclab post some TRUE information on their forum. Only a few words to tell the people the latest info.

Afrodude, a delay is not the problem. The problem is they fool the (potential) customers.

As i said... only a few days to wait.....only a few days to wait till their next LIE!

tuyun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: @emi, leee and rtucker55 Reply with quote

daeno79 wrote:
Leee ++++++++++++++++++++++1!

YEAH!!! I'm happy too i didn't pre-order Very Happy
I can wait a year for RG3, no problem Very Happy Keep on smiling

I Think dsafro works for Musiclab.... no one, really no one! accepts what musiclab is doing.
When a potential customer can write some text on a forum, why cant Musiclab post some TRUE information on their forum. Only a few words to tell the people the latest info.

Afrodude, a delay is not the problem. The problem is they fool the (potential) customers.

As i said... only a few days to wait.....only a few days to wait till their next LIE!

++++++++++++++++++++1

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 7 of 10 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next