RealGuitar version 3.0 news Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
daeno79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: looks like it doesn't include the usb reciever. some do and Reply with quote

rtucker55 and others... here's a short manual by myself to play your GH Guitar with version 2 of RG. Got all the info from internet, including the free programs used in the discription!

What i did to make i work with RG2 and PS3 wireless GH World Tour Guitar:

* I bought a wireless wooden ps3 GH World Tour controller from logitech. (usb receiver included!)

* I downloaded "miditar Hero" http://miditarhero.wordpress.com/download/

* I downloaded LoopBe1 (virtual soundcard)
http://www.nerds.de/data/setuploopbe1.exe

* I downloaded Max runtime 6
Somewhere

Installed the programs LoopBe1 en Max Runtime 6.

Connect your Wireless Guitar using the wireless usb receiver (included with ps3 Guitar!)

Open Miditar Hero with Max Runtime 6.
Select your guitarmodel (ps3 , xbox, custom)
Select the LoopBe1 soundcard
Select standard settings (left column)

Now open RG2 standalone (or RG2 as vsti "OUT" in your favorite daw -->i'm using Samplitude Pro x Suite, and choose LoopBe1 as your "instrument IN").

Play the GH world tour ps3 guitar! (choose setup in Miditar Hero to see the button settings).

Of course the RG3 version will be better but you already CAN play guitar on your GH WOrld Tour guitar Smile

THNX musiclab for not sharing this
!

Shocked
Confused

Last edited by daeno79 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

rtucker55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fx1mark,

In the link I provided, if you scroll down to the PRODUCT FEATURES area it says it includes a wireless controller for freedom of movement. I was hoping that was the usb receiver.

If not looks like I will be on another quest to find one, but so far, I have not found a PS3 usb receiver sold separately.

rtucker55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi daeno79,

Thanks for sharing! That is some really interesting stuff you posted.

Kind regards,
Rick

fx1mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fx1mark,

In the link I provided, if you scroll down to the PRODUCT FEATURES area it says it includes a wireless controller for freedom of movement. I was hoping that was the usb receiver.

If not looks like I will be on another quest to find one, but so far, I have not found a PS3 usb receiver sold separately.

the wireless controller is the guitar.
you can always return it and find one that includes the usb reciever.

fx1mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daeno79,
I had thought of trying that, but I assume you can't assign chords of your choice to the buttons.

daeno79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ fx1mark. Yes. You can assign chords. There are different modes possible Smile Just choose custom controller in the miditarhero dropdownlist Wink

It really works perfect!
Note: loading the miditarhero file can take some time... On my pc it takes about 30 seconds....

Gr. Daeno 79

Cavemann

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, I normally don't post but I really have to warn you guys who want to buy the Guitar Hero 5 controller. I bought just the controller for a good price 4 or 5 months ago and I've been looking for a usb receiver ever since, It is almost impossible to find, except for secondhand ones from China.

I ended up buying the Guitar Hero bundle on ebay last night after getting a written guarantee that the wireless dongle is included in the package. It was $59 USD plus $20 for shipping to Canada.

I would rather pay the extra money and get a NEW controller with a NEW receiver than to pay half that price for a used receiver from China that may or may not work for a long time.

Cavemann

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the last one he had available at this time but here is a 'seller refurbished" one for $60 from the US [says there are more than 10 available]. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS3-Guitar-Hero-5-GUITAR-w-Dongle-receiver-rock-band-beatles-GH5-playstation-3-/330646130740

rtucker55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, cat poop!

At least I was able to cancel my order in time. Now the search begins for the guitar with the controller.

Just my luck that they discontinued the mfg. of these controllers prior to having a need for one... Shocked

Anyone that sees a new controller with usb dongle on the net please direct me to it. I don't care if it is for a PS3 or Xbox as long as it works with a PC and RealGuitar.

Kind regards,
Rick

rtucker55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased this for $90. Guitar Hero 5 Sony PlayStation 3 PS3 Guitar + Game Bundle Brand New sealed.

There was a picture of an open box and I could see the guitar, in two pieces, the game, and what looked like some kind of power pack with a cord. (hoping that is the usb receiver.)

daeno79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for info. Rtucker55 (and for others).
The wireless receiver indeed looks like an usual usbdrive with a chord usb cable tot plug in your desk/laptop Smile

Just buy a wooden "Logitech wireless ps3 guitar hero world tour" guitar. For ps2 and ps3...... This wooden logitech also feels like a heavy guitar because it is completely made of wood.... No plastic.
The usb receiver is only included with the ps3 versions. Not with the xbox versions!

Bought my ps3 guitar a few weeks ago for just 30€ BRAND NEW! In a local toystore.... Usually their about 199€!

rtucker55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks daeno79

Hopefully I have the right item now.

Riley333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: V3 Update Reply with quote

If you log into your account, then click on the Buy button, it says the V3 Release is for early September 2012. So we may still have a few days to wait.
Riley

daeno79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx riley333!

Riley333

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something else I noticed is that RealGuitar Toolbox is listed under Free software. But It still wants a license file at startup. I'm using it, I guess in demo mode. It's pretty cool though. One might have some fun with it until V3 comes out.

Riley

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 6 of 10 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next