RealGuitar version 3.0 news Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
emi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wames0001 wrote:
Thank you emi. I was unaware of that those virtual instruments existed. If anyone else knows of any other exceptional virtual instruments, I would appreciate hearing about your experiences with them.

Glad I could help you to find another guitar software,the best thing you can do is hear and judge by yourself,as for me OTS is the best emulation of a steel guitar at the moment,are you sure that Musiclab stuff is actually better???
Leee I have never had any crash with OTS or Ilya Efimov,either two are really stable with my configuration,perhaps I don't know about the communication with the owners of the forum. Rolling Eyes

rtucker55

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that MusicLab would know by Tuesday if the release is still going to happen this month. If not, I see no reason they should not post something explaining the delay as soon as they know it won't be released.

The lack of communication is starting to wear me out... Confused

Mook

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTS is a great product as is Indiginus. However, you'll need the full version of Kontakt to run these.

daeno79

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: SHARE LINKS OF OTHER VIRTUAL PRODUCTS? Reply with quote

I love Real Guitar, but get angry because the lack of communication. Shure i wanted to buy Real Guitar 3, but i'm thinking of not buying it anymore. Just don't like to be fooled! Twisted Evil Don't like to pay for that anymore... it's like a compliment for a bad joke!

I don't think musiclab isn't making "Real Guitar 3" but instead of that "Real Communication Losers 3".
It's just a way to prank people and get hits on their website Idea

BAD! BAD! BAD! Better don't make any promises and release your new programs after finishing them Musiclab!

That's the way you don't have to communicate!
Good luck with your customers Musiclab.

M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I know the anxiety of waiting for the v3 release, but as a beta tester I liked very much what I've seen and I think they're very close..

daeno79

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Hello, I know the anxiety of waiting for the v3 release, b Reply with quote

Sure.... when this is really true then kiss my Exclamation musiclab.

Good news for those of you impatiently waiting for Real instruments version 3! The long-awaited release is coming in July 2012!

Bye musiclab![/quote]

Leee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daeno79: I know I was one of the most vocal critics of how MusicLab handled this situation, and I agree with you that there was a serious lack of communication. But to be fair I don't think anyone at MusicLab was trying to scam anyone into coming to their website and checking everyday. I mean what would be the point of them doing that. They don't make money from people visiting their website, they make money by getting a good product on the market and having a lot of people buy it.

I wasn't a beta tester so I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but I can only guess that once version 3 went into the beta stage, a lot of problems (or a couple of big problems) arose that they had a difficult time fixing.

Here's an example of what NOT to do. Sony released Vegas 11, a video editing software, and it was SO buggy and crashed all the time (it still does a full year later) that at least half of their customer base literally revolted and became extremely angry that they couldn't do their work on the latest version of Vegas because it kept crashing. And so what they should have done was kept it in beta for a longer time until all the bugs were fixed.

And I believe that is what could be happening with RealGuitar 3, but instead of releasing a buggy version that crashes, the folks at MusicLab are trying to get all the bugs out BEFORE they release it to the public.

I've said this a hundred times: it's not the delays that is making people upset, it's the way MusicLab communicated with it's customers here in the forum - For five months in a row, we heard that it would be released THAT month, and it wasn't until the month passed that they said, okay not THAT month but THIS month for sure. And after 5 times, that got really, really old.

It's just a case of poor communication, poor customer relations and poor planning. But I don't think there was any kind of DELIBERATE scamming going on to get us to come here every day. There is no benefit of doing something like that.

I think in the end, after all the months of anger and frustration, we are going to see some really excellent products in the Real 3 versions.

M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think most people agree that Musiclab did not quite clearly communicate during the summer.

As far as I can see as a rather new beta tester for Mac / Cubase / guitar midi interface: we ll have rock solid vst3 64bit plugins with all three products systematized. For me the guitar interface mode makes a huge difference between my sloppy keyboard playing with great sounding guitar vsti's (which are more) and state of the art midifying guitar playing. I mean: use the entire guitar manner of music making and put it straight into midi: that's way -WAY- better than struggling around on an alien thing as a keyboard. with the axon interface, I can set it up to even do realistic palm mutes and powerchords in between.

I don't think I want the guitar hero thingy but i still think joystick mode can be put to creative use: the manual reveals all of the underlying midi mapping.

The guys are now working on some minor GUI quirks and a deep down guitar interface midi pitch bend issue. I did not yet test midi out mode but will do, that's important as well.

As for my part, I could wait longer, but I think they're pretty close now. But I'm the lucky b€&@#%rd with these nice betas running.

I hope release date is now imminent so all of you can see, hear and of course play the beautiful v3s.

Leee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the update M, (I guess they don't have a NDA?)

Being a keyboard player, I'm much more at home playing the "guitar" on the keyboard. It's funny because I couldn't even imagine myself trying to play using a joystick! I probably could work with a Guitar Hero guitar, but like I said, the keyboard has always been my friend and it's where my fingers can do the most damage. Very Happy

rtucker55

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the V3 is now coming I went ahead and ordered a Guitarhero PS3 controller tonight. Probably wont use it much but it may be helpful creating certain rhythm guitar parts.

At this point I really don't know how much it might add to the functionality of the V3 software so at least I will be able to find out.

While were waiting for the release it would be nice if MusicLab could go ahead and post the manual for the new V3 in the download section.

hint, hint...

Kind regards,
Rick

Leee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,
Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the controller, I was thinking about getting one after I hear some reviews from keyboardists that have used it.
Thanks!

M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think I can talk a bit about the findings, if not, Sergey, let me know and delete the posts.

The guitar hero controller might be a nice in between for you keyboard players. You can set up chord progressions which are linked to the colored buttons. And set up string sequences for arp picking. Everything is midi mapped so guitar player might want set some tof these things up on a midi foot controller. For myself, I don't want a guitar hero controller, I prefer a solid body real guitar (forgive the pun) with a properly set up midi interface.

I can imagine the sheer joy of keyboard players with the very realistic guitar parts from RG. The same for me with the midi interface and RG to just convey decades op playing experience, groove and feel of your home instrument into midi with all the editing possibilities. Not needing to re-record an entire audio track when one single note is off. And still make it sound like a guitar (with the rlpc and amplitube) and not like a guitar sampler. Or to drive an orchestra, cheesy electro synth stabs or a spaced out pad thru guitar?

Infinite possibilities..

rtucker55

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leee,

I got it $45.31 w/free shipping. Pasting a link below:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00381BKIY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Good luck

daeno79

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: daeno79: I know I was one of the most vocal critics of how M Reply with quote

Quote:
daeno79: I know I was one of the most vocal critics of how MusicLab handled this situation, and I agree with you that there was a serious lack of communication. But to be fair I don't think anyone at MusicLab was trying to scam anyone into coming to their website and checking everyday. I mean wha.....

@lee:
I know what you mean and i know that you know what i mean Smile

I agree that they can better release a good program instead of a buggy program.

It would be better to release a new RG (3) when the programming is finished instead of making promises to excisting users. Promises they can't make true as it seems...

Communication can make and brake a company!

Last edited by daeno79 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

fx1mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like it doesn't include the usb reciever. some do and some don't. you have to watch for that. if it doesnt you will have to buy that too.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 5 of 10 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next