Telecaster sound
View previous topic :: View next topic
Emmerfiets

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Telecaster sound Reply with quote

Good afternoon all,

I've been using RealStrat quiet a lot already but I'm still searching for more of an Telecaster sounding guitar.
I've tried some Telecaster VSTi's but none of them sound that close to the real one.
I've oned a great Fender Tele(real instrument), however sold it for a better bass, I still regret it a lot that I sold it but I'm not being able to buy back a same sort of Telecaster.

Now I'm looking for an option to transfor RealStrat into something like a Telecaster sound, anybody knows some options that could help me out? Or an other good solution?

A lot of thanks in advance!

mmutee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Musiclab's RealLPC which is modeled on a Gibson Les Paul custom. Technically superior to Realstrat and in lot of ways applicable to a wider range of styles.

If you are still after Telecaster sound, I am afraid you will have to buy the whole 8 guitar package of Vir2 Electri6ity. Their sample set is huge (approx 30gb). Some cool features in it but I keep coming back to RealLPC. Mostly because I can play more musical styles on it but on Electri6ity I can't play Hard Rock or Metal.

jacob11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The standard pickup arrangement for a Tele is a large bridge pickup and a small neck one. The coil resistance of the bridge pickup is about twice that of the neck and this is reflected in the tone and output, in fact many players find the neck pickup to be somewhat ineffective. However, the distinctive "Snappy" Tele sound is achieved with just the bridge pickup and the bleed capacitor which is normally fitted internally.

mandiferrer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there!
...u may wanna try using RealStrat's bridge pickup setting, adjust the pick sound way up... then drive it thru amplitube2
... then use a clean amp setting like clean alnico 4x12... push the mid eq all the way up
... then load a stompbox compressor, after that, load a stompbox graphic eq and push the high mids way up til about 8
... that's the closest u can get... now, all it needs is a truly swingin' twangin' playing style Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1