Virtual LAN network?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Robosapien

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Virtual LAN network? Reply with quote

Running my DAW in Mac OS.
Running Windows only VST's in VSTHost on a virtual windows machine (Fusion), within Mac OS.
Is MOLCP what I need to route midi and audio between the two? Anyone else succesfully done this? If so, I'll gladly part with my cash!

Thanks in advance!

andre21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Virtual LAN network? Reply with quote

This works by, you, the administrator, putting some switch ports in a VLAN other than 1, the default VLAN. All ports in a single VLAN are in a single broadcast domain. Because switches can talk to each other, some ports on switch A can be in VLAN 10 and other ports on switch B can be in VLAN 10. Broadcasts between these devices will not be seen on any other port in any other VLAN, other than 10. However, these devices can all communicate because they are on the same VLAN. Without additional configuration, they would not be able to communicate with any other devices, not in their VLAN.

casslillie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is VLAN?

Last edited by casslillie on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

AlexLane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VLAN means virtual LAN. According to the term of technology, a VLAN is a broadcast domain created by switches. Normally, it is a router creating that broadcast domain. With VLAN’s, a switch can create the broadcast domain.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1