Newb just bought RG (Questions)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Rockitglider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Newb just bought RG (Questions) Reply with quote

Hello,

I just bought RG today, and I downloaded the full program 1.01, but my question is do I still need the update 1.01 or is it the same as the full download. Thanks for your help. Oh 1 more question, I have a oxegen 8 midi keyboard (2 octive,25 keys), is this big enough for this program or do I need a longer keyboard.

See ya, Rockitglider Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey will correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1.01 update is only for 1.0 owners that want to upgrade RG. Is that right?

Rockitglider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

Thanks for the reply. WOW, I cant beleive how great this sounds. I've been playing guitar since I was 16, and I'm now fourty something, can't remember Smile , but this is soo convincing, I can't beleive it. I'm now going to be able to do so many things with this and my J-station and my two acoustic guitars, I've got a nice Ovation, and a Takamine, both 6 string so I'll be using the 12 string samples alot I can see. I have Rhythum & Cords for Cakewalk too, but wasn't able to get too good of a rhythum guitar sound out of it, so I'm a real happy camper with this prog. Thanks Music Lab, Looking forward to updates and sample banks too.

See ya, Rockitglider Cool

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockitglider,

Quote:
Oh 1 more question, I have a oxegen 8 midi keyboard (2 octive,25 keys), is this big enough for this program or do I need a longer keyboard.

You can easily use 3 octave keyboard for RealGuitar, but 2 octave is too small - you have to play chords only within 1 octave (some chords will be not available), also in Solo mode you will be limited with the note range.

Regards,
Sergey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
Rockitglider,

Quote:
Oh 1 more question, I have a oxegen 8 midi keyboard (2 octive,25 keys), is this big enough for this program or do I need a longer keyboard.

You can easily use 3 octave keyboard for RealGuitar, but 2 octave is too small - you have to play chords only within 1 octave (some chords will be not available), also in Solo mode you will be limited with the note range.

Regards,
Sergey

Hello again,

Yes thanks Surgey, I am able to play a few cords, but you are right I am missing some of them. I guess I'll get a 3 or 4 octive keyboard. I am able to shift up and down with the oxegen 8 to higher & lower octives, but this is hard to play and switch at the same time.

Thanks, Rockitglider Cool

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1