MidiOverLan DOES work with OSX 10.7 Lion!
View previous topic :: View next topic
jtkilowatt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: MidiOverLan DOES work with OSX 10.7 Lion! Reply with quote

OK - with some experimenting and guessing. Here's what worked for me...

The FAQ page says to enter these commands in Terminal:
$ sudo chmod g+w /Library/Preferences
$ sudo chgrp admin /Library/Preferences

Go to your Utilities folder and you'll find terminal. When you open it, you'll get something like this:

Last login: Fri Oct 7 13:17:45 on console
JTKilo's-Quad-2:~ jtkilo$

Notice how there's a dollar sign after your name ($). That's important. If you were to cut and paste the above commands (as I did), you would get two dollar signs to start the command ($$). That will give you an error.

I did these commands one at a time making sure the command only had one dollar sign at the start. On the first command, after I hit "enter", terminal warned me that this is a serious matter and asked for my password. When I entered my password, I didn't see any text being typed. That confused me a bit but I just kept typing and hit enter. Apparently it worked because it went back to this:

Last login: Fri Oct 7 13:17:45 on console
JTKilo's-Quad-2:~ jtkilo$

I then went on to the second command - same as the first. I then restarted (just in case 'cause I'm really just winging it - probably like you). I then Opened MOL CP and it finally accepted all the normal setup stuff that you probably know how to do. After saving and quitting, I opened Kontakt and I now had MOL as a midi choice.

Hopefully someone over there at MusicLab will read this and see that some of us need more clear instructions when dealing with things like terminal. If you're like me, you'd rather be making music than digging into scary programming apps. Good luck all!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » MIDIoverLAN CP All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1