Assigning sound from VST to the keyswitch of midi piano roll
View previous topic :: View next topic
damienro0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Assigning sound from VST to the keyswitch of midi piano roll Reply with quote

Hi guys hope you can help me with this one!

Right now I am just starting with Flstudio, and I've started using the drums plugins, addictive drums and ezdrummer. When you open the piano roll to see the midi sequence, i know certain sounds are assinged to certain keys in the keyswtich. For example the snare is assigned to D7, the hi-hat assigned to F#7, and so on...

My question is. There are some Keys in the Keyswitch that have no sound assigned from the VST . Is it possible assigning them a sound? Or assign 2 keys the same sound? or replace the sound of one key with another from the VST??

Another question I have is: is it possible to change the default key assingment from the piano roll to the keyboard of the computer? because ( to give and example) If you press letter "T" in your laptop keyboard then D7 from the piano roll would make a sound. So it seems that all keys from the computer keyboard already have a key from the piano roll assigned. But is it possible to change that, so i can assing different letters, different keys from the keyswitch in the piano roll?

I currently do not have have a midi controller I am just using the keyboard from my laptop as a midi controller. I know its better to have a midi controller like a midi piano, i just cant afford it at the moment.

I hope you can help me with these 2 questions.

Thank you!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Other products All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1