How do I COMPLETELY uninstall/reinstall RealStrat on MAC?
View previous topic :: View next topic
cornellb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: How do I COMPLETELY uninstall/reinstall RealStrat on MAC? Reply with quote

Hi,

I updated my RealStrat using the updater to ver. 1.1.1. Now I'm struggling to get it to work. I'm using Digital Performer 5.13 and it registers as a plugin instrument, but when I load the RealStrat plugin it only loads the interface with NO INSTRUMENT. The standalone version works fine. I also for some reason have it installed on 2 locations - in my Applications folder and on an external drive... Rolling Eyes

I would like to do a new complete fresh install of RealStrat, but when I run the install dmg of ver. 1.1 the installer tells me I can't install it on the MAC drive because a newer version already exists... So my logic tells me to uninstall RealStrat, then reinstall ver. 1.1 and then run the updater file of ver. 1.1.1

Now how do I uninstall RealStrat so that it removes all traces of RealStrat so I can do a clean reinstall?

Can anybody please help...? Crying or Very sad

Konstantin_MusicLab
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please address your problem to supportbox@musiclab.com

leedada

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: uninstall Reply with quote

Hi, I am having the same problem. Do you have a way to solve this problem? I would appreciate your help.

Pendorcho

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: uninstall Reply with quote

[quote="leedada"]Hi, I am having the same problem. Do you have a way to solve this problem? I would appreciate your help.[/quote]o

You have to remove the full RealStrat folder from Applications, also remove the RealStrat files you find in /Library/Receipts (it shoud be in the form of a .pkg ); then remove an invisible file by the name ".mach.sys.preferences" which should be in the Users/Shared/ directory; then go to Users/<you>/Library/Preferences and look for a file by the name "com.apple.MIDI.0800" and remove it; finally in /Library/Preferences remove the two com.musiclab plists ( just to be on the safe side , check both your User library preferences directory and the one on the root).
To wrap it up, if you have a good file explorer such as PathFinder, do a full rearch of all your drive using the word "musiclab" and double check there is nothing left, then repeat file check using "realstrat". Remove anything you find with those words in the filename.
Let me know if it worked.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1