RealLPC Severe Latency in Cubase Studio 5
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Installation and Registration
View previous topic :: View next topic
stealth94rt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: RealLPC Severe Latency in Cubase Studio 5 Reply with quote

I just installed RealLPC, and I'm trying to use it as a VST plugin in Cubase Studio 5. I am having severe latency problems.

After pressing a key on the MIDI controller, it is a good 1/8 second before you hear the sound from RealLPC. The lag makes it not playable for recording purposes. It works without any latency in stand-alone mode.

I have minimized the Attack and other settings as described in these forums - this improved slightly, but it is still unusable at present.

Note that I have many other plugins in my library from Steinberg, IKMultimedia, etc., (like SampleTank, GrooveAgent3, Halion) and these all work out of the box, with no adjustments or compensation in settings.

Here is my system info:
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600@ 2.40GHz
5.00 GB RAM
64-bit Windows Vista Home Premium, SP2
(OS is running in Maximum Performance mode)
1.5 TB Hard Drives @ 7200 RPM.

Focusrite Saffire Pro24 Firewire Audio/MIDI Interface (using Saffire ASIO)
Ensoniq ESQ-1 as MIDI Controller

Thanks for any help you can provide on this problem.

stealth94rt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please ignore this - I found the problem. In Cubase Studio 5, my sound driver was changed to DirectX (with latency of 50 ms). When I switched back to ASIO Saffire, it dropped to 6 ms. So everything seems to be working now.

faarisuman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shouldn't be holding my breath... as I got exactly the same problem.
So, if by any chance you're still around, could you please let us know if you ever found a solution?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » Installation and Registration All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1