Where's all the users demosongs?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Armadillo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Where's all the users demosongs? Reply with quote

I wanna hear some more tunes from the users?
I can't find any around here. Come on guys, post your masterpieces.
Very Happy

kevvvvv

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.rossiterandco.com/files/minimalrepetition.mp3 2.3mb

Landphil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this doesn't work, I'll be back in a few to apologize! I'm pretty green at media hosting. If it does work, I'll be back to explain!

http://members.cox.net/plindsey/Music/RGtest.mp3

2.23MB

Last edited by Landphil on Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

deesto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice lanphil, i enjoyed that. Could you tell us more about this piece? Instruments used, modes, and about the electric guitar sounds?

Landphil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, deesto,
I wasn't sure if I had figured out how to link a clip! Now that I've linked one, I'm not sure of my bandwidth!!

This was just a test to see how RG would fit in a mix. As you may have noticed, it's a little rough around the edges and EQ! And it has no end !

All guitar sounds were RG. Used my Kurz 2600 on board sequencer as a test bed, MIDI'd in to the computer, but no Kurz sounds were used. I know the guitar parts are a bit overblown, but what the hell! I'm a keyboard player!

Loaded up in Chainer:
4 instances of real guitar. .
Main Guit. trk - Stereo Steel, solo mode, velocity switch =slide up/1 step

Mandolin type sound - Acoustic Nylon Picked transposed +12, solo mode

Stereo Steel / chord mode for strumming parts

Another Stereo steel run thru Amplitube w/ auto-wah - in solo mode using the (chukka) keys!

I had a chorus turned on somewhere, but I dont remember . . . .

Drums were Groove Agent with the limiter cranked half way
Bass was Sampletank free... "4 string" or somthing . . .
Strings were "Tapeworm", a spiffy free Mellotron simulation!

Reverb was the Anwida freebie, "Soft DX", or somthing . . .

Used a bit (probably too much) of PSP's Vintage Warmer and stereo tools.

Like I said, this was just a crap-out test to see what RG could do . . . I'd had it for just 3 days. Putting it thru Amplitube for distortion was an afterthought, just to see if RG could pull off something that sounded electric.

All in all, I think Real Guitar kicks ass! It takes a different playing style, but it's the best acoustic emulation out there, at this point. Like kevvvvv said in another post, it's just begun!

Sergey! Nose to the grindstone! Keep developing! This is great!

Phil

Last edited by Landphil on Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Landphil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S.

There's a few "or somthings" in my last post. That's because I recorded it about a month ago, and it's hard to remember details after 96 beers and a few sips of wine! Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys

kevvvvvvvvvvvvv : yes, i've heard your tune on kvr. the notes could do with a bit more sustain. loads of variation in it though.

landphil: The intro sounds very realistic. I guess Realguitar is really good for strumming.

Keep up the good work guys.

Hmmm.... I might have to break the piggybank. This beats virtual guitarist for sure and micing up a guitar.

kevvvvv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

landphil ... cool tune Cool

Nice easy listening melody.

V plausible too ... gives RG a great workout

Like a drummer will always make a drum machine sound better, so a guitarist will always make RG sound better Wink

Maybe Sergey shoudl start a user song area Very Happy

thanx = kev

deesto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

landphil, so you basically processed real guitars with amplitube then to achieve the electric feel? cus if you did - something i wanted to try as well myself - then it sounds pretty convincing indeed, so i guess i won't need to spend another hour experimenting Razz. Did you process in real time as you were playing along... or in the mix after track lay? What's amplitube's plugin as? Audio Units? VST? RTAS...?

By the way, i would be very interested in knowing what all of you make of my posts in the 'features reuqest' thread. Please let me know what you think, i.e. whether these features would be something that could be eventually implemented fairly straight forward, not that anything in life is straight forward... but hey.

Landphil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deesto, the RG that was put thru Amplitube was done live. There was no mixdown, since the whole thing was laid out in Chainer. Just adjusted the vol. and let Chainer record it as a wave. I did have to tweak the settings in Amplitube to add a bit more brightness. Amplitube's ok, I guess, but there are now some other good amp sims out there for a lot less money. like the Simulanalog Guitar Suite, Green Machine, Guitarifier etc. Do a search on K-v-R for Amp simulators.
As for more features, I'm fairly satisfied at this point. I would like a little more controll over the bass note, like a Cmaj with a G bass while in chord mode. Perhaps in a future release . . . . . .

kevvvvv, thanks! I enjoyed your piece as well. Your phrasing is much more like an actual guitarist, so I'm guessing that you are! Cool
I phoned a friend who's a good guitarist to have him check the link I posted and see if I'd done it right. He noticed right off that your piece sounded much more like something he could play, opposed to my "16 finger" guitar technique ! Razz But in the end, if the music makes you smile, then it's good!

(unless it's a sad song, of course! Stop smiling at the sadness! Evil or Very Mad )

P.S. I know I couldn't go a week without using emoticons!

Phil

deesto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landphil, could you please post your feature request in the thread i mentioned? Ideally it would be cool to compile a single thread for this purpose. The more people the merrier and the more pressure (all together in it at once) it all adds up, so we end up benefiting.

As to whether you are already satisfied with the current version... well of course we all are!! Oherwise i wouldn't have bought a version 1 product actually (their video demos and fast e-mail response convinced me!). RG is fantastic as a playing engine. I've been saying this to everywhere, friends, the Apple Garageband usergroup, other forums i contribute in, family, and a long other etc. And note that i have only had it for just a mere 1-2 days!!! But surely it must improve from now on, huh?
And surely you have heard the concert guitar from the vienna symphonic guys? Surely you would then think RG is real good but that it is so close to being THAT much better and have a chance at competing vs. gigastudio.Woo hooo! Wink I would like to see that.

Besides it would be nice to know what you think about each feature i posted. It would be nice to know if implementing such things would be easy or very hard to do, and which for what and how and why. A forum thread like this and its users may also help other new users identify and evaluate if their feature requests are too wild too be asking to the developers. Also, our input may help the developers decide on what to implement first in their next version or not. And from what i gather, so far developers and sergei are truly listening to what users have to say or want from RG.

If we didn't input all that it would be like having a country that does not vote and then have a general feeling from everyone in the same country that their not be happy at all as to with how the country is run. and i hate politics myself if you were wondering but stil you get the point hopefully...

Striker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deesto wrote:
Landphil, could you please post your feature request in the thread i mentioned? Ideally it would be cool to compile a single thread for this purpose. The more people the merrier and the more pressure (all together in it at once) it all adds up, so we end up benefiting.

I agree Smile

I buy »my« RG yesterday and I'm a little bit confused about the features Wink

Greetings
Gerhard (aka Striker)

Landphil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK . . . .

There's a lot being said out there about hammers and pull-offs. I think that it's possible with RG, but it's a bit of a trick, and requires some practice. Here's a method I'm working on, since I haven't been able to use the legato method with much success to achieve the results I'm looking for.

You have to be quick on the pitch wheel for this to work. Solo mode. . .
In the lower right of RG's GUI, set P.B. (pitch bend) to "Slide", and set the number next to it to the number of semitones you wish to "hammer".
In the following example, I have it set to 2 , or a whole step. If you notice, instead of a smooth pitch bend, you get one that's stepped in semitones. Like I said, you've got to slam the pitch wheel pretty quick, and release it. . . let the spring return it to zero. Or, if you're looking for a half step bend, you'll have to be gentle and only move the wheel a little bit. . . in either case, let the spring return it to zero. This should work for joysticks as well.

This is 2 instances of RG. THe "hammers" are solo mode, and the rhythm is chord mode. If you spend more time than I did for this example, I believe you could easily alternate between the two to achieve the sound of only one guitar playing an actual "hammered" lead, and accompaning themself on rhythm. It will NEVER fool a real guitar player, but it might be close enough for us MIDI freaks to get some tracks down!

Enough babble, have a listen . . . .

http://members.cox.net/plindsey/Music/Pulloff%20Test_eq.mp3

Phil

deesto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

No matter what they say... I'M LEARNING YOUR METHOD Smile!

It will do me for the time being until thy release something a little bit more userfriendly Very Happy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool landphil. I'm not a guitarist but I can't fault that. Sounds very real to me.
Now, someone give me $149 please Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1