Feature Request - Different Tunings
View previous topic :: View next topic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Feature Request - Different Tunings Reply with quote

This is an amazing product. Are there any plans for building in different tunings (i.e. Open D or E, Drop D, etc.)? I know I would use them extensively in writing and recording! Very Happy

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No plans yet for different string tunings.
But we'll certainly consider that for further developement.

Regards,
Sergey

Landphil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a song that needed drop D tuning. My solution was to tune Real Guitar down 2 semitones. I had to play the parts in the key of E on the keyboard, even though the song was in D. It worked out well, though.
There's some interesting effects to be had by tuning RG to the extreme, either up or down a whole octave. With some FX added in the chain, in can sound quite sinister tuned low, and almost ethnical tuned high. Tweak them parameters! Cool

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could isolate the semitone tunings to each string instead of Real Guitar as a whole that would be incredible! Especially if you could then save the guitar's new tuning as a preset.

The only drawback would be chording - since open chord tunings are usually played with maybe three strings fretted (E, A and G strings or what have you) and the others open for that droning sound. Add in those chord recognition modes and your running out of things you CANT do on Real Guitar. Very Happy

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1