Problems with pattern inport in Logic
View previous topic :: View next topic
Witti007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Problems with pattern inport in Logic Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm using Real Guitar 2L and Logic 9. Both programs work together great with one exception. I create a software instrument track in Logic and assign it to Real Guitar and drag a pattern to it. Afterwards I can see the midi data in the piano roll screen of Logic but I can't get it to play. The pattern lies below C2. When I click on the keys in the piano roll the ones above C2 sound great. The keys below C2 are silent. I assume that's the reason I can't hear my patterns playing. I only have this problem when I drag and drop patterns. Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks in advance.

Robert

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

Pattern really uses MIDI notes (Strokes) in the lowest octave

To hear the pattern from MIDI track you must:

- activate Pattern button (the white round one above PM button),

- disable Pattern Manager pattern (if selected) by pressing Bypass button in PM window

- Start Logic playback

- send a chord to RealGuitar along with the pattern (play chord changes on external keyboard, or insert them in a MIDI track)

Hope that helps

Regards,
Sergey

mipooh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2 tracks, both for RealGuitar. One ist for the patterns, the other is for the "chords". Here I only have to insert the tone or tones for chords other than normal sharp and then my DAW will play the right patterns with the right chords. Both tracks use the same instance of the instrument.

You could insert the chords above in the pattern track, but when you want to copy parts of the arrangement, you may have to edit the chords you want to have in a special place.
This is the reason why I prefer 2 tracks.

I don´t use Logic, but wherever I tried, Studio one, Reaper, FL, Samplitude, it works the same way. The plugin (RealGuitar) does not need to be in pattern mode then. Chord mode is ok.

If I need another instance of Real guitar, in Studio one I can make one dragging RealGuitar to an new track. Don´t know how you do that in Logic. But should be possible.
(Here one instance is named RealGuitar 2 and another RealGuitar 2.2 or 2.3 etc) The other instance can use a different guitar and a different mode (for example solo).

Witti007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sergey,
that really helped me. Thanks! The RG pattern plays now when I play the desired chords on my external keyboard. I have one more problem. I'm a newbie with Logic. I have all my chords set up in the global track of Logic but the Real Guitar pattern doesn't follow them. How do I insert the chords in my RG midi track? Or, even better, how do I get the RG pattern to follow the chords of my Logic global track?

Many thanks in advance.

Robert

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

Don't know if Logic Global track allows to drag chords to normal MIDI track
If so, you can then re-assign this MIDI track to RealGuitar to send chord changes along with pattern

Regards,
Sergey

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1