Some feedback on a song?
View previous topic :: View next topic
keysersozeh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Some feedback on a song? Reply with quote

Hi!

Can someone experienced comment on how I use the vst in the following song. I used 1 instance for solo and another for chord usage (both nylon). For the single mode I used slide. tremolo and harmonics as keyswitches (slide didnt seem to work though Sad ). I also used pitch bend and modulation in the sequencer.

Added an upright base and a reggae drumkit. Song is not finished btw.

Maybe I didnt do it right or maybe someone has ideas to add to this sequence. Thanks for your attention in any case!

AsianJazz
http://www.nfftrax.nl/trax/1120403155-asianjazz.mp3

Best regards!

angelonyc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Resgarding your piece Reply with quote

This piece is nice.. Can't make any real obvious suggestions to improve.. What I've been doing with real guitar lately:

I use Logic Pro. I record one track of the block chords (according to the musiclab guidlines - 1st inversions). On a 2nd instance of the same instrument, I export the one bar midi strums to desktop and drag into the Logic's midi track. I might export upto a dozen of them. I line them up in desired order. I then start editing some of the individual note strums off. Some times I'll slice all the strum edits, to create another whole chord strum. I experiment a bit, and invaribly come up with a cute riff strum. I'll then cut and paste that through out the song.

Once you look more closely at the riff strumming, it's easy to create variations, and your own new ones..

With the real strat - I've also been experimenting with inserting strum notes on different MIDI channels, cause the causes real-strat to play a 'chukka', mute, slide, or pop sound, with some discretion of where you put them, it's amazing.. I've haven't done this on real guitar.. I would have to look up documentation to see if it responds to midi channel information the same real real strat does..

These instruments are amazing..

Tzarls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Tried to download you file, but it appears to be no longer available - I know, I know, it´s been almost 2 months, but....
Smile

keysersozeh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzarls wrote:
Hi. Tried to download you file, but it appears to be no longer available - I know, I know, it´s been almost 2 months, but....
Smile

This board does not notify me when someone replies to my posts.. too bad.. hmm that track.. ill see if i can re up it again somehow.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealGuitar All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1