Drag&drop problem
Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic
vale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Drag&drop problem Reply with quote

I have a big problem when I drag&drop a part from SlicyDrummer into the sequencer (both in Cubase and FL).

I have SDrummer loaded into my DR-008.
When I trigger it from the midi track (assigned to DR-008 and triggered by C0 note, since SDrummer is loaded in the first pad of DR-008) it sounds fine.
In order to take it simple i use only a HH pattern, while the rest is muted (kick, claps, etc.).

Then I drag&drop it into the sequencer in a midi track, I assign this midi track to the same DR-008 instance, and I mute the midi track that was triggering the C0 note.
Now, the dragged part assigned to the same DR-008 kit sounds different, the HH sounds are cutted.
I check the midi part out and I discover that all the notes are 32th and, of course, the arrangment sounds very different. The open HH is really chopped.
In order to obtain the same sound I had when I triggered SDrummer, I've to edit the dragged midipart by mouse!

I thought it was my fault, maybe I had to check the snap or quantize settings in the sequencer, but all these settings I already switched to "off".

This way I can use the SDrummer parts ONLY within DR-008 and I can't have a midi file of my Slicy drums arrangement.

I'm sure I'm missing something.
Could you please urgently help me?
I like to work with SDrummer, but, until I have not solved this "drag&drop"issue, its use is very "stiff" (I want to be free to use the arrangement created by SDrummer with different drums modules and not only with DR-008).

I spent a lot of time trying to solve it by myself, without success.
Now I really need it and I hope you'll give me quick support.

Thank you very much

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vale,

Yes, notes dragged from SD are very short (32ths). When playing from DR-008 pad SD/FD doesn't send note-offs to emulate 'one-shot' sample triggering.

Of course its impossible to drag out MIDI notes without note-offs (as they are played).

So you can either lengthen all notes of dragged MIDI part in Cubase using MIDI/Function/Fixed Lenght option, or use one-shot mode in DR-008 sampler loaded on pads.

Regards,
Sergey

vale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Drag&drop problem Reply with quote

I knew it was a stupid issue.

Actually, while I was waiting for help from the forum, I started to think the solution was in the way the sound is palayed back (in dr-008 or other drum sampler or module).

Note On->one shot

or Fixed lenght

ok!

Thank you very much for support.
I hope I don't need any further help; should this not be the fortunate case, you'll discover it soon!!

rabika

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started using DTPD and everything works fine with the exception of not being able to find ez-drummer. When I open the folder for vsti it is not there. I even tried using it as a dxi (I'm Sonar7 person) and all my other synths/ samplers come up but no ez d. I can use another drum synth, drag the bars over to a midi track select ez drummer and it will play fine in sonar alone. I would really like to audition the drum parts using ez d however. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?
Thank

http://www.www.mybraindumps.net/100-101.html
http://www.sap.com/index.html
www.mybraindumps.net
http://www.columbia.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_SE

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » DrumTools Performance Designer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1