bank manager and windows vista (on an intel Q6660)
View previous topic :: View next topic
CosmicD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: bank manager and windows vista (on an intel Q6660) Reply with quote

Hello,

I reinstalled realguitar on my new computer which has a quad core and when i tried to compile the banks for 44.1/48K this started to go very very slow. I wonder why my pc has 4 cores and I ended up having to shut the pc down and had to try again.

is this a process that would benifit from getting optimized to 4cores ?

playz123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These issues are in fact, not directly related to just RealStrat or any other music program. Instead they are related to quad core, which is relatively new technology and Windows Vista, the computer and how quad resources are accessed and utilized. There are currently many web forums that are discussing this sort of thing, but it's not only RealStrat software that is affected. It is highly recommended by most reviewers and power users that Windows Vista be avoided for the present, as performance and stability remain superior in XP/SP2.

CosmicD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, was guessing in hat alread already Smile. Ofcourse luckily i avoid using vista for my music workstation: this is my new entertainment pc and i guess when all these little growing pains are out of the way, vista will be just as great if not greater Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1