Bend and release
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ash06

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Bend and release Reply with quote

Hi,

Working on replicating the Sweet Child o' Mine solo by GNR (Slash), and I can't seem to figure out how to do a bend and release all in one go Rolling Eyes

I've tried using the bend ks (keyswitch) and the release bend, but the latter is such like a pre-bend as it plays the note then releases. I'd like it all in one swoop.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ash

Wink

J van E

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of the first wishes I posted to Musiclab (as a matter of fact, this is my ONLY wish, apart from a KS-'fall' at note off). At this moment this can't be done and you will have to use the pitchbend for it. KS-bends (up and down) are currently only possible at note on.
Hopefully an upcoming patch/upgrade will add a KS that initiates a (configurable) bend up or down when YOU want it. Well, hopefully... I am almost sure this will happen because this is of course a very basic and extremely often used trick that should have made it in RS right from the start. Wink

Ash06

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the heads up m8, I did try with the pitch wheel but it didn't quite sound right.

Smile

Ash06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergey,

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Sergey_MusicLab

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ash06,

Automatic bending and sliding is not that easy to implement with any desirable settings - such as start time, release time, interval range etc..

We've tried some already, and surely will work further to make that FXs as musically usable as possible.

Regards,
Sergey

Ash06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not sliding btw it's releasing to the initial bent note or to another. Perhaps you'd be able to implement a new keyswitch where by you use the release bend data but with the pick sound/attack removed such like a legato phrase Question

Cheers

Smile

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1