Which amp? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Musikman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Is FreeAmp2 Still Available??? Reply with quote

Anyone know if FreeAmp2 is still available?? Can't get it on FrettedSynth website anymore and I'm having a software conflict problem with FreeAmp3 (see previous post)

Thanks!

Paul

Musikman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JD sent me a copy, got it ok.......thanks!!

Hardy Heern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to fire up my RS so have been looking at plug ins. I have to say that if you live in the USA Line6, of Pod fame, have some amazing deals for their Gearbox software through places like GuitarCenter.

Gearbox is being replaced by 'Pod Farm' which is due out in the next few days. I think that there are very good upgrade prices from Gearbox if I'm not mistaken.

Do those here, more knowledgeable than me, think much of the Line6/ Pod effects? They're certainly very popular amongst 'real' guitarists....by most accounts.

Frank

Tillenburg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is new - and good to my ears:
http://www.acmebargig.com/dig/

It's free. What do you think?

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone still looking for a great-sounding amp sim, there has been an explosion of freeware amp sims at "AcmeBarGig".

http://www.acmebargig.com/

I recommend sticking with the newer amps (everything listed after Whispertube). The names of the amps are kinda saucy, but take them seriously nonetheless, coz they are really great sounding amps!

There are a lot of amp-heads to download for free here, and you must have a speaker cabinet sim running after the amp in your host app. Here is an excellent free one.

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/07/lecab-v10.html

He also makes a great free amp sim here call the Hybrit Series (the full stack has speaker cabinet built in so you'll just need impulses...see below) and it sounds very realistic:

http://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2009/08/hybrit-series.html

You'll need cabinet impulses for the speaker sim. There are a lot of free amp-cabinet impulses out there. Try GuitarHack impulses here:

http://www.guitarampmodeling.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2631

Just put them in a directory and browse to them with the impulse loader in LeCab

By playing with the amps at ABG and with LePou's Hybrit stack, you can get very realistic guitar tones from cleanish (try Tamla Head) to Heavy metal (try Metal Razor or C-15) and anything in between (Knucklehead etc...). Just throw a nice reverb at the end of the chain, maybe a subtle delay, or a chorus right before the amp etc... to get whatever FX you want happening.

If I had all the amps, speaker cabinet sim and cab impulses listed above (all free) when I had started, I'd have never bothered to buy any commercial sims. Just season to taste with your own FX plugins and you're good to go, for free!

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, I guess I should have posted this in this sticky instead of the main forum...so here it goes:

I bought this amp a couple of years ago, and it's still pretty damned amazing to this day in my opinion. There's a lot of stuff in this app with which to create nice tones. The adjustable speaker/mic sim is quite cool, but you can disable it and use an IR cab sim after the amp. I wrote the author to tell him some douchebag posted it on Rapidshare, and he wrote back to tell me that he's now made it available for free. I highly recommend you check it out. Just put the dll in your VST folder, rescan and enjoy!

Sounds nice with RealStrat...I really like the "American Clean 1" preset.
Even the meters can be customized to show the signal at any stage you like!

http://www.greenmachine.sealandweb.de/Wurr_Audio_Engineering/Home.html

denny58stout

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!! I'm Denny Stout ..I'm new here and I Just want to share this quote as my first post here...

"The less you can live on, the more chance your idea will succeed. This is true even after you’ve 'made it.'.

Make it a Great day people...

fx1mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my quest for an inexpensive (or free) amp-distortion simulation that sounds nice and thick. I have tried most everything and have found the software that really works for me. It's called plektron guitar amp. it has an introductory price of 19 euro or about $26 us. there's also a demo version, so you can check it out. the only drawback, in my opinion, is the reverb and delay, so I use others.

since this is my first post it won't let me post a link, but it's at
plektonfx .com

of course, everyone has different needs, I needed a thick rock distortion. my favorite preset is highwatt 02

user4711

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its old thread, but many new amps come. I use revalver 4 and munison, but what i dislike on realstrat sound and i hear on guitar VSt is that the fret noise differ lots by random. this example use the distortion i like and play same sequences several time. often the fret noise sound good, but sometimes fret noise is too load. happen in testsong at sec 24-31. sure i can reduce fret sound but then other are unrealistic silent. maybe there is a way to change the random variation of fret picking noise ?. I am not a good guitar player, but so loud fret noises that realstrat output sometimes, i not get when i play on real guitar with same amp settings. sure i can use lower gain, but sound is then diffrent. or do i need a special compressor setting ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wolmeecq9hk5c94/realstrattest.mp3?dl=0

antz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amplitube too.

cdbaksu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Softube's Marshall offerings? I got the Silver Jubilee 2555 in preparation, but I'm also eyeing their other amps.

Anyone used them with these guitars and have any thoughts?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 4 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4