Which amp? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
tom27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

why are you always forgetting Waves GTR3 ?

It really is an amazing product, comes with a high-quality DI-Hardware-Interface (great to connect external sources and record them) and has some decent amps to offer.

It costs around the same as Guitar Rig Controller Edition.

Cheers
Tom

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom27 wrote:
Hey guys,

why are you always forgetting Waves GTR3 ?

It really is an amazing product, comes with a high-quality DI-Hardware-Interface (great to connect external sources and record them) and has some decent amps to offer.

It costs around the same as Guitar Rig Controller Edition.

Cheers
Tom

I figured it was a tad overpriced for most users here, as is Guitar Rig 3 Kontroller edition -why would a software sampler user need any kind of external guitar hardware? If you're financially well-off though, I have heard nice things about GTR3 too. I'd be curious to hear how it compares to the big 3...maybe there's a demo (yike! -like I need any more amp temptations)? Have you tried it with RealStrat?

tom27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldGeezer wrote:
why would a software sampler user need any kind of external guitar hardware?

You are right, this is a downer if you don´t need it - and I have already talked with Waves about releasing a software only version.

However I must say that their interface is top-notch, a friend my mine who is guitarist often uses is to play live alongside with Logic and some effects. Also, the recording results are stunning and worth the price (if you need it).

Waves GTR3 has very much to offer an on their website, you can prelisten to some demo sounds etc. They have even put up a video describing the making of GTR3.

Personally, I love the sound a lot, especially in conjunction with the Stomp effects - but of course that´s nothing objective and my not apply to everyone. All in all, it is really worth out trying if someone is otherwise willing to go for Guitar Rig with its audio interface.

P.S.: On a personal sidenote, I consider GTR3 as extremly stable on my system, much more than any Native Instruments stuff has ever been. This alone makes it worthy for me...

Cheers
Tom

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding the newly released Freeamp 3 from FrettedSynth to the list.

http://www.frettedsynth.com/

Möbius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: http://www.heebcomponents.net/CrunchDude/index.html Reply with quote

I'm using Freeamp 2 (haven't tried v3 yet) and i'm very, very pleased with that. For my kind of music (metal), Freeamp does a better job than Guitar Rig imho.

In the list of preamps i missed Heeb's Crunchdude. Really helpfull when you need that extra crunch on the low E.

Möbius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Link to Crunchdude (couldn't add links in my first post?) Reply with quote

http://www.heebcomponents.net/CrunchDude/index.html

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Link to Crunchdude (couldn't add links in my first post? Reply with quote

Möbius wrote:
http://www.heebcomponents.net/CrunchDude/index.html

Is this an older plugin? v0.1 with a review in 2005?
I still plan to check it out.

Chamelion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Mac user, I'm unable to use Freeamp - so I have no basis for comparison. But I just discovered this VST freebie that sounds pretty good with Realstrat. I have Revalver II, but for me, some of the patches in Camel Crusher give Revalver II a run for its money.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Amplitube Group buy Reply with quote

Just came across this if anyone interested...

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1933

Any thoughts? Haven't order yet but thinking about it. Question

mjbsound

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: FreeAmp DDL? Reply with quote

Hey gang, I'm kind of a novice at this plug in stuff. I've also been kind of frustrated with Amplitube's crippled options. I downloaded FreeAmp and I get this DDL (Unix) file when I open the folder. I don't know what to do with it, or where to put it. The read me text doesn't help that much. I'm running RG2 and RStrat on a macbook pro using logic.

any help or advice?

thanks.

mjbsound@aol.com

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about Logic specifically, but assuming it's simiar to Sonar, do this:

Copy the file (dll) into the folder with other VSTs you have.

Open Logic and "scan" vst folders to make sure it knows the new file is there. Make sure that folder is in the path being scanned.

Load an instance of RG2 or Rstrat.

Open an instance of FreeAmp as an effect in the corresponding Audio track (the one linked to RealStrat)

Chamelion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: FreeAmp DDL? Reply with quote

mjbsound wrote:
I downloaded FreeAmp...I'm running RG2 and RStrat on a macbook pro using logic. any help or advice? thanks.

As far as I'm aware, FreeAmp is Windows only. As an alternative, you might want to try another freebie that is Mac UB compatible: Camelcrusher. I've used it quite a bit, and found it to be quite useful. Another pretty good/inexpensive amp sim for Mac has the unlikely name of FlyingHaggis ($99). I often find myself using one of these in preference to Revalver 11.

Cheers,

Geoff

richiebee

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zumbido wrote:
Do what I do...

Find yourself a 'student' or be one yourself and get the 'Education' version of GuitarRig 2 - about $170 (software version).

I buy as many 'Education' versions of software as possible. And they are exactly the same as the regular version.

It pays to even become a part time student at a junior college for the price breaks.

I know this is an old thread, but I didn't see this particular post addressed.

Educational versions are very rarely the same as commercial versions. The difference is often the EULA. This is important. Educational versions are usually as illegal for commercial use as pirate copies are for everyone.

Tillenburg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: FreeAmp DDL? Reply with quote

Chamelion wrote:
Another pretty good/inexpensive amp sim for Mac has the unlikely name of FlyingHaggis ($99). I often find myself using one of these in preference to Revalver 11.

Yes, FlyingHaggis is not bad, but the earlier Version from db-audioware, called AuroPro, is much better. Unfortunately you can't buy this anymore.
To my ears, it sounds better than the big Three.

Musikman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Need Assistance! FreeAmp3 freezes Sonar only when looping Reply with quote

Hi

I'm using Sonar 2.2 on PC with Win2000. Here's the scenario: I only have a couple of tracks set up in a new project.On first track I have audio drum loop(8 measures). Next two tracks I have a midi & audio output track for RealStrat with FreeAmp3 in that audio track's FX box. When I start Sonar running to practice/audition a guitar part while the drums are playing,it works ok, but if I do the same thing but first set loop points and turn on Sonar's continuous loop, when it reaches the end of the loop everything stops and I get a loud buzzing sound for a few seconds before it goes back to the beginning of the loop. It happens every time it reaches the end of the loop. (I'm not even using pattern play/mgr, just playing notes manually, and it happens with both RS & RG)

I have VST Adapter for Sonar, and my soundcard drivers are all current. I'm not seeing any warning lights or audio dropout light, and have plenty of CPU.

NOTE: This only happens when I use FreeAmp3 in the FX box of that track. Tried inserting Freeamp via Auxilary Send/Return and same thing happens. If I take out Freeamp3 I don't get the problem. Also, I tried a couple of Guitar Suite Amp Sims inserted the same way and they don't cause any problems when looping! I know FreeAmp3 is a good sized plug-in, and has alot of features compared to other amp sims, is it requiring more resources to operate than Sonar2.2 can handle? Would welcome any possible solutions or thoughts on this problem! Thanks!

Paul (Musikman)

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 3 of 4 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next