RealStrat and Metal Riffing / Powerchords
View previous topic :: View next topic
Helge Kautz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: RealStrat and Metal Riffing / Powerchords Reply with quote

First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone. I'm using RealGuitar for a long time now, and am checking this forum for a good 1 1/2 years almost daily for news about the electric version. I'm excited that the release of RealStrat is closing in.

Just like a couple more people here on the forum, I'm very much interested in how well RealStrat will fit into heavy metal tunes. Up to now, I'm using Slayer2 for this, but while not bad, it does have a plastic kind of ring to it, so I'd like to replace it with something more realistic.

Here's a draft version of a song (arrangement, vocals and lyrics very preliminary, but you'll get the idea). The intro guitar is, of course, RealGuitar, but the heavy powerchords later on are done with Slayer2:

http://www.voxager.de/category/making-of-song-15/

Can RealStrat replace Slayer2? I'm praying that it can, because I love the playability of RealGuitar and know that RS will be as good, if not better, in that departement.

Here's another song, more complete, but also still draft, also with RealGuitar and Slayer2 in it, waiting to be completed with, I hope, RealStrat:

http://www.voxager.de/category/making-of-song-4/

EDIT: As soon as I can lay my hands on a Mac version of RealStrat, I will try to use it in these exact songs and post the results to this forum and thread.

(By the way, I call this style of music space metal. It's the son of 70's space rock with a slightly harder edge to it.)

Okay, so much for my first posting. Talk to y'all soon!

Helge

per musica ad astra -- www.voXager.de

clueblast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi helge. don´t i know you from somewhere else? Wink
i´m also eagerly waiting for a macversion of RS. however even though you worked quite well with slayer2, i demoed it and i have to say that i´d never use it in any kind of music. i´m quite sure that you´ll never look back when RS arrived. but than i probably don´t know more than you. i listened to all available betatester demos, the official videos and i also have RG2 - that should be enough to be assured that RS will play in an other league than slayer does. no question.
a good ampsim is what will make it suitable for your/any kind of music. but i´m sure you already have some options to choose from.

cb

Helge Kautz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clueblast!

Yep, we know each other from that place where most of the folks use logic -- not necessarily before posting, but certainly while composing Smile

I agree, RS is playing in an entirely different league than Slayer2, and that's why I've kept checking up on this forum for so long. The video demos so far are great and really show off RS's playability. Some of the beta tester demos are also quite good. However, what I'm missing so far is some evidence that RS can jump in your face boots first. And I don't mean in a cheerful hillbilly kind of way Smile Something down-tuned, dark, sent through some evil distortion...

I'm certain it can. We'll know for sure soon...

Helge

per musica ad astra -- www.voXager.de

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1