Beta Tester Audio Demo Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
SyQuEsT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Beta Tester Audio Demo Reply with quote

Hello all !

Here, the first (?) beta tester mp3 demo. A little more actual, you can hear 3 RStrats in 1 ! Smile

Made in around 15 minutes (and I'm not a pro guitarist), here the idea :

1) Guitar Rig 2 FX
2) "Dry" sound (just some delay)
3) Guitar Rig 2 FX #2 - Pick position #7

(Bass from Trilogy and drums from Stylus RMX)

Full mix :
http://dc27.4shared.com/download/20738534/a645b2be/Sound_of_the_Angels.mp3
Guitars only :
http://dc27.4shared.com/download/20738518/9dc59c17/Sound_of_the_Angels__guitars_only_.mp3

If you have some audio ideas / questions, you can write, I'll read !! Wink

CosmicD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to make a demo with the vst without any effect ?
also I wonder if you can do powerchords, the same way that you can do chords in RG2. And if you can also do chucles and powerslides adn those long legato leads...

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Don't be shy to take an hour or two to do it too. Confused

fishermusic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps there isn't a way to just strum chords.

SyQuEsT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldGeezer wrote:
Yeah. Don't be shy to take an hour or two to do it too. Confused

Of course but I like the "speedy" way ... if you take 3 hours for a one minute song, it's not the best option if you have an album to do ...

A result in less than one hour ... that was my objective Wink

CosmicD :
Yes, I can send a dry solo demo

You have the same chord option. And you can now assign sustain to chords, bass and chords ... so, you lead and when the pedal is down, you can play the chords. Very useful.

Landphil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear these, but I can't seem to reach them. The links lead me to the main page and an address that looks like this...

http://www.4shared.com/linkerror.jsp?cau=304fnull_or_del

(using firefox and tried IE as well..)

linkerror?

Hope I'm not senile yet, but I can't find the demos.
Any help before I yell at the kids to get off my lawn?

Smile

J van E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here: no files there. But don't you fear, y'all! Later today I will start beta testing too and post some things that can be done. Not a full song, but short snippets: clean sounds, leads, chords, through amps, whatever, I will try everything I can to get as much examples in a short time as possible WITHOUT any idea of a song behind it. Just some jamming and fooling around with the keyswitches. Hopefully that will give you an impression of what's possible. I don't know what's possible myself (have to install the beta yet!) so I am just as curious as you are. This also means that what you will hear, is what you can do with it the first time you try it. Wink

If someone could post a link in the meantime where I can upload the file in a convenient way ( Sounclick often takes a day before the song is online!) that would be great!

CosmicD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm.. how can you betatest? Razz

SyQuEsT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landphil wrote:
I'd like to hear these, but I can't seem to reach them. The links lead me to the main page and an address that looks like this...

http://www.4shared.com/linkerror.jsp?cau=304fnull_or_del

(using firefox and tried IE as well..)

linkerror?

Hope I'm not senile yet, but I can't find the demos.
Any help before I yell at the kids to get off my lawn?

Smile

I'll correct the link soon ... sorry

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyQuEsT wrote:

Of course but I like the "speedy" way ... if you take 3 hours for a one minute song, it's not the best option if you have an album to do ...

I could spend three hours just tweaking a few existing measures! I guess I must be getting old if I'd spend three hours for one minute of tuneage. At that rate it would take >90 hours (over two weeks of full time work) to put out an album. That's only about 20-25 albums a year.

Yeah, I'm razzing ya. I'm just saying that if you want to post examples of what realstrat can do, then there should prolly be some guitar technique involved. What you're showing us is how Realstrat sounds, not how it plays. That is, it could be any old sampler playing that. Hope you don't mind critisism. Whenever I posted anything in other forums, I asked people to give it to me straight so I could know how it really sounds and not just get lip service. Hope you're the same.

folkeman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J van E wrote:
Same here: no files there. But don't you fear, y'all! Later today I will start beta testing too and post some things that can be done. Not a full song, but short snippets: clean sounds, leads, chords, through amps, whatever, I will try everything I can to get as much examples in a short time as possible WITHOUT any idea of a song behind it. Just some jamming and fooling around with the keyswitches. Hopefully that will give you an impression of what's possible. I don't know what's possible myself (have to install the beta yet!) so I am just as curious as you are. This also means that what you will hear, is what you can do with it the first time you try it. Wink

Go for it Jan Van E! I'd like to hear some strumming / rhythm guitar kind of stuff too. (Don't know of any good web site to upload to though. Myspace?)

Cheers

J van E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, well, I've got two VERY VERY VERY simple demo's, one short rhythm guitar (a midi file that came with RS) using Chord mode, clean and through amps, and one powerchord Smoke on the water-like riff (using the harmonize mode), clean and through amps. All very short and simple, with default settings and no switches or anything. And no drums or whatever, just the Strat.

Problem is I have no manual and my e-mail server is down so I can't contact MusicLab: I don't understand how to use those keyswitches at all... I though you just have to press some lower notes on the keyboard to get certain effects, but I just get low notes. I tried to watch the new video, hoping it might reveal some techniques, but I can't see that too (time out everytime). So I am afraid this is going to take longer than I hoped. RS is pretty deep and has lots of possibilities, but it takes some time (and a manual) to get to grips with them.

If anyone knows where I can upload the two mp3's, let me know: I can't find a decent free server...

P.S. I have to say I like what I hear...! The Smoke on the water-like thing sounds pretty convincing in my ears, and is played with just one finger: couldn't be easier! Wink Pity I can't really try a solo because you really need the keyswitches to make them real: playing a solo straight doesn't cut it.

CosmicD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rapidshare?

SyQuEsT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldGeezer wrote:
SyQuEsT wrote:

I could spend three hours just tweaking a few existing measures! I guess I must be getting old if I'd spend three hours for one minute of tuneage. At that rate it would take >90 hours (over two weeks of full time work) to put out an album. That's only about 20-25 albums a year.

Yeah, I'm razzing ya. I'm just saying that if you want to post examples of what realstrat can do, then there should prolly be some guitar technique involved. What you're showing us is how Realstrat sounds, not how it plays. That is, it could be any old sampler playing that. Hope you don't mind critisism. Whenever I posted anything in other forums, I asked people to give it to me straight so I could know how it really sounds and not just get lip service. Hope you're the same.

It's not against you, I accept it and I totally agree with you. Smile It's not the best demo to show you what are the possiblities but it's a next step. I don't have the time to do some complexe things (I want a summer Wink) and the main reason of my "speedy" philosophy is when I'm working on a show, I have to give a fast result. They need it now ! After, I can spend 3 hours to finish, mix, tweak ... 2 hours of music in 5 months, when you don't know what's the script of the last scene, 3 weeks before the world premiere ... you have to find a solution ! Rolling Eyes Wink

Take care
Mathieu Laprise

J van E

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, don't know if this will work (and for how long) but I've uploaded a zip to Rapidshare:

http://rapidshare.com/files/45433553/RSTest.zip.html

It contains three mp3's, two I mentioned earlier (Test1.mp3 is a RS midi pattern, clean and three times through an amp), Rtest.mp3 is a Smoke on the water kinda test, clean and twice through an amp, and tonight I made Solo.mp3, which is an er... solo. Wink In this one I fooled around with various keyswichtes (adding them later on). All without any other instruments, so nothing gets hidden in the mix. Don't expect ANYTHING from these files: these are just short examples. Wink BTW I'm clearly not such a good keyboard player as the one MusicLab's video's...!!!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 4 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next