question on july-august-07 reduction offer mail Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
zumbido

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, $199 is a good price for RealStrat crossgrade.

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with that price.

Compared to how Digidesign handles upgrades... this deal is good!

Try hiring a great guitarist for $200. What are you going to get? A grumpy musician with one guitar and you supply everything else.

Very Happy

J van E

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkgibbons wrote:
Good heavens, $199 for what promises to be an amazing piece of software, and you're still whining?

You're not a very happy person, are you Compyfox?

If things work out well, 199 isn't too bad, really! Specially compared to other similar add ons, which cost AT LEAST twice as much. My only problem is that 'promises' part... RS promises to be an amazin piece of software, but the demo's show me the opposite. I really wonder what the people of MusicLab are doing now because they don't react at all in this forum to requests for more demo's. If I have to purchase RS with the current two demo's as THE examples of what can be done, I wil definitely pass. I'm still surprised they chose those old styles as an example and not some more contemporary (heavy) rock tune. I'm beginning to suspect RS is not up to that...

rkgibbons

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you suspect that RS isn't up to doing modern rock?

One massive factor of how a guitar sounds is the amplifier & effects that you add onto the clean guitar signal. RS is not an amp or FX simulator -- so getting "heavier" sounds is going to be dependent on the amp-sims that your already own (or intend to purchase).

What value is there in publishing a bunch of demos featuring these heavier sounds? It'll just be an advertisement for AmpliTube (or GuitarRig, or whatever).

If any kind of demo needs to be produced, it's of the clean signals (and the keyswitching). But then that would likely sound rather lifeless and flat compared to an amplified version...

Compyfox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkgibbons wrote:
Good heavens, $199 for what promises to be an amazing piece of software, and you're still whining?

You're not a very happy person, are you Compyfox?

I'm not whining dude, I'm just wondering.

From RG1 to 2L I had to pay like 99USD only (or was it 150USD), the retail price was like 249USD. Around the same in euro (with the exchange rates atm about 289USD) it was (and still is) available at BestService as Boxed Version.

I'm surprised that we as loyal customers actually have to pay like 199USD, especially as download version. No TAX included of course. Not to sound too upset, but IMO this is some kind of rip-off, especially since we can't crossgrade to a boxed version or something like that.

Okay, it "is" kind of a 20% discount if we look at that, but if I also look at the 19% TAX that ShareIt will ask for Germany, the discount will only be like... 3bucks. And if I look at that, I can go straight for the boxed Version - with no discount as "loyal customer" what so ever. (then in Euro however, including TAX)

This has nothing to do with being unhappy or like you constantly claim that I whine all the time, rkgibbons. This is a sad fact - one way or another, it's a win-win situation for MusicLab. And with the irritating demos and rare apeareances of the programmers in here, it's not really helping for convincing to really go for RealStrat. Especially since I can get similar, if not better results with other guitars for the same pricerange (Prominy Clean Electric for example, does also cost 249USD, comes boxed and sounds just as good if not better - and sometimes you can get it for 50% less with GroupBuys for example via EastWest).

No doubt, RealStrat might be another revolution as RealGuitar was - I've seen it in action, it is promising. But it's also a fact that the competition doesn't stand still and MusicLab has to catch up at one point or another. And IMO, taking care of their loyal customers is important, too.

Last edited by Compyfox on Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steven West

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you CompyFox. I mean, $200 isn't 'bad' - and I'm just new with RG2L myself. But if Sergey or whomever said 'Registered owners of Musiclab products can purchase Real Strat for $99.00 till the end of September...' The loss in profit may actually generate more in our use and 'lip service' of it? I'm sure it's going to be a great piece of software, but as with ALL software - it's going to be buggy... So $99 for the privilage of being a 'guinea pig' to come here and say 'Sounds awesome in Orion, but...' Not only touts RS, but gives help and forwarning to other users and applications that Musiclab may or may not wish to address.
And those that 'snooze and lose' will have to pay $199 on Nov 1st, but be better assured of a more robust product at least due to our quick indulgence. Smile

$199 = caveat emptor. Sad

OldGeezer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkgibbons wrote:
What makes you suspect that RS isn't up to doing modern rock?

One massive factor of how a guitar sounds is the amplifier & effects that you add onto the clean guitar signal. RS is not an amp or FX simulator -- so getting "heavier" sounds is going to be dependent on the amp-sims that your already own (or intend to purchase).

What value is there in publishing a bunch of demos featuring these heavier sounds? It'll just be an advertisement for AmpliTube (or GuitarRig, or whatever).

If any kind of demo needs to be produced, it's of the clean signals (and the keyswitching). But then that would likely sound rather lifeless and flat compared to an amplified version...

Because anyone who wanders in here to see what it's all about is likely going to listen to that 50s tune and that country-sounding rhythm tune and think "Bleh!" and shop elsewhere. Those demos, as well done as they may be, will appeal mostly to dinosaurs. When's the last time you heard Chuck Berry on the FM dial? It's called "marketing", and the target audience should be the majority, which, in the case of electric guitar plugin shoppers, are likely not senior citizens but young rockers. They blew it with those demos which are likely killing interest for alot of people who pop into the site (not the handful who post in this forum). They're already advertising for Amplitube anyways (they mention it right in the demo section), so why not turn up the drive dial and play something appropriate to this century?

Also, you have to consider that the picking style and articulations of someone playing heavy metal or hard rock may not be remotely close to the picking style of someone playing 50s bebop, and if that's the only kind of music the guy who sampled the guitar plays, then there's a good chance that a hard-rocker would find the program lacking in some areas. Just because there are muted notes for example, doesn't mean there are muted notes suitable for Chugga-Chugga heavy riffs...there should prolly be a whole pile of different mutes for each note on the fretboard, and I'd for sure want to know how they'd sound heavily distorted and playing a metallica or megadeth type riff, coz I'm not a gambler. I could be worried about nothing of course, and everything might be covered, but no extensive hard-rock demos, no sale. Period.

Landphil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ +1

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2