question on july-august-07 reduction offer mail Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
CosmicD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: question on july-august-07 reduction offer mail Reply with quote

So as I understand it correctly, to be able to purchase realstrat for 20% chaper, you actually have to purchase realguitar now ?

Being an owner for a year doesn't count ?

ford442

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you read that???

J van E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: question on july-august-07 reduction offer mail Reply with quote

CosmicD wrote:
So as I understand it correctly, to be able to purchase realstrat for 20% chaper, you actually have to purchase realguitar now ?

Being an owner for a year doesn't count ?

I remember reading a long, long time ago that RG owners would get RS cheaper no matter what...

EDIT:
Here it is:

Sergey_MusicLab wrote:
To all,

Some info about coming RG e-guitar version:

1. That will be a seperate product, but all RealGuitar acoustic users will get pleasant discounts (as we usually do)

2. Clean (dry) Strat first, with 2 or more pickup combinations

3. Planning the release on the second half of 2006

Regards,
Sergey

This was posted Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:58 am, when they still thought it might be released that year... Wink )

CosmicD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ford442 wrote:
where did you read that???

I got a mail with this info inside:

Code:

Dear Cosmic Dreamer,

>From July 15th to August 31st, customers who purchase RealGuitar 2/2L will get 20% discount and will additionally be eligible to order our new RealStrat with 20% discount after the release.

RealGuitar is a sample-based virtual instrument with an innovative approach to guitar sound modeling and guitar part performing on keyboard, letting you easily imitate basic guitar techniques (strumming, plucking, sliding, bending, muting, etc..). Moreover RealGuitar 2L version includes a unique collection of 1250 guitar accompaniment rhythm patterns letting you automatically create professional sounding guitar accompaniment tracks. All you have to do is to copy rhythm pattern to the needed number of measures, start your sequencer and use MIDI keyboard to play chord changes, or alternatively add chords to a MIDI track via sequencer's editor.

Read more about RealGuitar here:
http://www.musiclab.com/products/realgtr_info.htm?r1=news_all&r2=rg2so2007

RealStrat provides incredible playability based on the unique performance modes and easy-to-use keyboard layout as well as the advanced key/pedal/velocity switch system allowing a keyboardist to perform guitar parts with a whole new level of realistic expression. RealStrat Covers practically all sounds, articulations, and techniques a professional guitarist can produce on his Strat, including mute, bridge mute, harmonics, pinch harmonics, slap, unison bend, strumming, picking, chord chopping, scrapes, etc... High quality dry samples recorded directly from Stratocaster pick-ups let you easily create any desired guitar sound using your favourite amplifier simulator. RealStrat is coming August 2007.

Read more about RealStrat here:
http://www.musiclab.com/products/realstrat_info.htm

We've recorded several video samples showing the use of RealGuitar/RealStrat features in a live performance:
http://www.musiclab.com/downloads/listen

How to order RealGuitar 2/2L with 20% discount details:
1. Visit our shop at www.musiclab.com/shop
2. Click on the RealGuitar version you would like to order ($159/$239/$259).
3. Enter your coupon code (-----------) in the corresponding field on the ordering page.
4. Complete your order.

We keep working to make your music production life even more fun than it is today.

MusicLab team.

Email: contact@musiclab.com

J van E

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I guess that means RG owners will get a discount of 20% max, but maybe even nothing...? Well, let's see if MusicLab keeps their promise or not. Wink

(At this moment Jamstix 2 is in the same stage as RS: it will be released in August too. The dev (Rayzoon) of Jamstix promised the new version with a discount of about 50% to current owners. That was more than a year ago... In the meantime the planned update turned into a COMPLETE rewrite of the program. But Rayzoon is keeping their promise, and even better...: I can get the upgrade (in fact a total new program) with a 60% discount...!!! Instead of 100 dollars (which on it's own is a far too low price since the product has evolved and changed so much!) it will cost me only 40! Now THAT I like... Wink )

chaim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email is confusing.

It really doesn't talk about 'existing' Real Guitar users.

I hope that there will be a break...

(and that Musiclab can clarify this for us)

Steven West

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as me too. Wink It does sound like it only favors those that buy RG2L 'now' in this period? But hopefully loyal paying customers who are on the database will get some limited consideration also with a 'insiders discount' or something. Smile

Compyfox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even get such an eMail - and I'm a registered Customer, who does not only have RG1, but also RG2L and Toolbox.

CosmicD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't you have to register on some kind of newsletter ? if you buy software you can check for that (i think)

Compyfox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get that one automatically as customer - nothing to register yourself. It's a good tone to "inform" your paying customer of this offer, however it didn't happen in my case.

Furthermore, will at least be able to demo it this time, or do we have to pay for it now, then the VSTi will be released on 31st of August (or even later)? "Release will be in August" is a spread term and can mean anything - the last promise turned out to be yet another delay.

CosmicD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konstantin_MusicLab wrote:

- Crossgrade price for registered owners of RealGuitar is $199 USD. All registered owners of RealGuitar will receive a details of how to order RealStrat shortly after release.

This offer will be available online only.

Well, now we know Smile

willy4360

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Crossgrade price for registered owners of RealGuitar is $199 USD. All registered owners of RealGuitar will receive a details of how to order RealStrat shortly after release.

"registered owners of RealGuitar"

Was he talking about Real Guitar 2L?
or Real Guitar 2 and/or Real Guitar 1 users?

I have Real Guitar 2L, will the price be the same?

Willy.

fishermusic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy4360 wrote:

"registered owners of RealGuitar"

Was he talking about Real Guitar 2L?
or Real Guitar 2 and/or Real Guitar 1 users?

I have Real Guitar 2L, will the price be the same?

Willy.

RG2L will get RS from ML for the SB.

Compyfox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually feel the same as willy4360. I'm a loyal customer, bought RG1, RG2L, Toybox and still I have to pay 199USD for a non-boxed version of RealStrat? Additional upgrades or patterns extra of course.

That's a bit insane, if I count in the additional taxes of 19% for Germany that ShareIt is asking for.

rkgibbons

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good heavens, $199 for what promises to be an amazing piece of software, and you're still whining?

You're not a very happy person, are you Compyfox?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next