So... when will RealStrat finally be released? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
OldGeezer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkgibbons wrote:
Hey Compy,

Here's the deal:

I promise to stop bothering you if you just quit whining for answers to the same tired questions. You've asked the same question fifty times. You've received ZERO answers. At what point will it sink into your head that Musiclab isn't going to provide any details until the software is ready for release? So please, you quit, and I'll quit.

It's a fair deal. Can you hold uo your end?

By the way, I don't remember learning anything about RealStrat from you, so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about there.

Don't you just love self-appointed forum bouncers? Rolling Eyes
The only people who have any business dictating what anyone should or shouldn't say in these forums are the forum owners or moderators.

If Compyfox wants to keep asking, he's gonna. That this upsets you so much is funny (in a sad kind of way), unless you're just trolling and are trying to bait him, in which case he aint the one about whom the moderators should be concerned. Get over yourself!

Anyways, at the risk of sounding on-topic, am I interpreting this correctly? - that they want to wait to finish the Mac version before releasing the windows version, which is finished?!! With all the customers/potential customers screaming for its release, that's pretty strange...or are they putting both versions in the same box?

The MusicLab lapdogs can snarl at me all they want, but the almost non-existent participation of the staff in these discussions makes me think that as brilliant as the products are, the company's public relations are pretty sad if they can't be bothered to spend 2 minutes every week or two to post progress updates in these forums.

willy4360

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldGeezer wrote:
Anyways, at the risk of sounding on-topic, am I interpreting this correctly? - that they want to wait to finish the Mac version before releasing the windows version, which is finished?!! With all the customers/potential customers screaming for its release, that's pretty strange...or are they putting both versions in the same box?

The MusicLab lapdogs can snarl at me all they want, but the almost non-existent participation of the staff in these discussions makes me think that as brilliant as the products are, the company's public relations are pretty sad if they can't be bothered to spend 2 minutes every week or two to post progress updates in these forums.

I must agree with OldGeezer here. A word or two won't hurt anyone.

Willy.

Chamelion

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldGeezer wrote:

If we cast our minds back to how it was when RG2 was the focus of attention, the customer service on this forum was nothing short of excellent. The wall of silence around the RealStrat project suggests to me that the issue is security, not indifference. Indifferent people don't give excellent customer service.

I can understand why Sergey would want to keep RS under tight security right up until the last minute. There are already a number of competitive products on the market, but based on customer feedback, I get the feeling that they each have problems that cause them to fall short of expectations. MusicLab's approach to creating a virtual guitar is quite unique, and keeping RealStrat under wraps is the best way to ensure that competitors can't preempt any features or innovations in time to beat them to market. I find the silence frustrating too, but I know with complete certainty that the reason for it is both logical and imperative. So let's just wait and be cool.

Geoff

rkgibbons

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with people asking for information about RealStrat.

But a certain group of people don't just ask for information, they combine their questions with subtle accusations and insults toward Sergey and his staff (for not answering questions, for missing supposed "deadlines", etc) -- and they just keep doing it, every couple months, over and over.

Sergey has stated publically that he will not release information until the product is released. He was also been kind enough to tell us that they're now working on the Mac version, and both will be released simultaneously.

How much clearer can he make it? What does he have to do to get some of you to understand that?

Head over to the Steinberg site, or to Native Instruments, and try asking for release dates or demanding demos before the official launch of their products. They'll ignore you there too.

Start insulting the company or the developers for not answering your questions and they'll probably punt you from their site.

Chamelion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo!

mchannemann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too don't want to see accusations rkgibbons,
but the only thing I asked for was an audio take of the show from Frankfurt,
and this can't be a secret because it was shown in front of over 140.000 people in Frankfurt. I was just on a business trip and couldn't go to FFM to check if out so I just feel a bit left out by not having a peak like these guys at the show had it doesn't need to be a video so no secrets shown off Wink an MP3 is more than enough Wink
Enjoy and please guys keep it civill no flaming wars here,
I just enjoy Realguitar so much that I don't want these guys quit on us.

rkgibbons

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not going to quit on us.

People just need to understand that developing software is not easily nor quickly accomplished.

And why would we want MusicLab to divert their limited developer resources away from finishing the project in order for them to produce a demo of the product?

I'd rather have a finished product that can be purchased than a demo of an unfinished product that can't be purchased.

tom27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkgibbons wrote:
And why would we want MusicLab to divert their limited developer resources away from finishing the project in order for them to produce a demo of the product?

Well, I dare to say that e.g. Best Service could provide a short audio demo and most likely MusicLab themselves could do it as well. But maybe the audio quality (or missing stuff?) would make the demo not sound as good as it should be - therefore not being one available.

What I think is that the product has been show at MusikMesse not because it was ready to be sold but in order to keep (some) people waiting for the final release and not to purchase competitive products.

We see this a lot in other segments, where products are announced at a very early stage just for this very special purpose.

There is nothing bad at all with such a policy. So I guess, we either need to patiently wait or to really purchase something else.

Cheers
Tom

Post new topic    Reply to topic    MusicLab Forum Index » RealStrat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 3 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3